I want to know how is he when mad. Lahat kasi ng tao ay sinasabi na mabait siya. Ako lang ang hindi naniniwala. Everyone has their evil side and I am here to wake that side of him.

"No. It's okay. I am just reminding you. You are one of my homey bodyguards which means you're the closest to me. Ikaw na rin ngayon ang unang tatanungin nila kung nasaan ako o kung anong ginagawa ko. People will tell you things or even rant to you about me and my decisions," paliwanag niya.

"I do not have the whole day to listen to everything, Miss Decano. I am a busy man. So this is the only time I can listen to everything or anything."

"Even about personal things?" I whispered inaudibly.

"Pardon?"

"Nothing, Mayor." Ngumiti ako. "I'll do my job well. Don't worry, I will let you know about everything and make sure to protect you."

"Although, if it is about death threats, you can disturb me anytime."

"Death threats?" Kunwari nagulat ako. Bakit ako magugulat kung ako naman nagpapadala sa kanya noon?

"Yes, Miss Decano." He nodded. "Let's just hope they got tired of trying to kill me."

They didn't. They just sent me to do it.

"We're here to protect you, Mayor." I bowed down.

"Then, I entrust my life to you, Miss Decano." He gave me a genuine smile that for a second I felt guilty that I'll be the one to take away his life when he entrusted it to me. 

But before that, I have to make him mine. That's the easiest way to gain someone's trust. He trusts people, but only a few. If he fell in love with me, then he's going to trust me even with the deepest secrets of their clan.

Kaso hindi naman pwedeng gusto ko siya agad. I have to act feminine. I have to act like I am having butterflies in my stomach whenever he's there...I have to be shy.

Kung pwede nga lang na madapa ako sa harapan niya tapos saluhin niya ako katulad sa pelikula ay ginawa ko na. But it would be out of my character especially when he is aware that I am strong.

"I am going on a date on Saturday, but before that can you tell Archie to pick the flowers in the Serene Flower Shop," he ordered me.

"Yes, Mayor," sabi ko. I typed it in my calendar. "Anything else? Do I need to arrange for your meal? For hotel or for—"

"You are coming with me."

"Excuse me?" Inangat ko ang tingin ko. "Is that too personal for me to come? I mean, are we all coming?"

I almost choke. Hindi ko alam kung ganito ba ang tamang reaksyon ng babaeng pabebe but I am really trying.

"You exist to be with me on my personal affairs, Miss Decano. I am not sure why you are shocked?" He titled his head a little as he focused on me now. Kanina kasi ay nakatingin pa siya sa mga papel.

"Because it is a date?" tanong ko ulit. Although, I would love to go and see the girl he's dating. I didn't know that information and I should know. Pwede kong magamit ang babaeng iyon laban sa kanya.

"And it should be intimate? I mean, should I watch you and your girl kiss?" I innocently asked. Damn! I hate acting.

"What?" His lips parted and eventually he started laughing.

Nakatingin lang ako sa kanya. Hinihintay na matapos siyang tumawa. Should I punch him? Gago. Pinagtatawanan ako.

"I am sorry, Mayor, what's funny? I am just saying that maybe your girl would not be comfortable having me around? Is she not going to slap me or what—"

"Let me stop you from there." He shook his head while still trying to control his laugh. "Who told you that I am dating someone?"

"Uh, are you not?" Tumaas ang kilay ko. I really have no idea.

"I do not have time for that, Miss Decano. I am not dating anyone right now so no Miss Decano, no one will slap you."

"But you said flowers and a date," I argued. "What does it mean?"

"Date means spending my time with the kids in the orphanage. The flowers are for the church," he explained.

"Oh." I gulped. "I am sorry, Mayor. I am sorry—it's just, okay, I will tell Archie about it." Pinakita ko sa kanya na nataranta ako sa nangyari.

He chuckled. "It's okay, Miss Decano."

"So you do not have a girlfriend. I see." Tumango-tango ako.

"Yes, I do not have a girlfriend yet. Why, Miss Decano? Is there a problem?" I noticed the small curve in his lips as he stared at me.

"Nothing, Mayor," I smiled at him and decided to throw a joke that I knew would make him remember me before he sleep tonight, "It's just I can be your girlfriend if you do not have one."