XI. A life without you? It's meaningless

Start from the beginning

Tae: But Kook, we agreed not to bring it up ever again.

JK: But you wanted to know the truth and the truth is...... I want you.

Tae: Kook! Come to your sense. Its been a long time. and...... What happened that day....... well we were drunk and it..... it was a m.....

JK: (held Tae tight) IT WAS NOT A MISTAKE. Don't lie to yourself Taetae! It was not a mistake. It was a choice, a choice that we...... we made together.

Tae pulled off his hand and cupped JK's face.

Tae: You're just a 17 years old kid. You've no idea what you're saying. You will gradually grow up and understand what I'm trying to say.

JK: So, what are you trying to say? Is it a sin to love someone?

Tae: No, loving someone was never a sin. But the love between us, it's platonic love. We're both boys, Kook! You can't want me.

JK: Why can I not, Tae? You just sent a text saying, "Kook, sorry for last night. Let's not bring it up again, I beg you!" and everything is over? I can hold you in my arm, kiss you anytime, But I can't be your lover. Does it make sense?

Tae: But It's not the right thing, Jungkookie!

JK: What do you mean by it's not right? Don't you love me too?

Tae: Yes, I do! But not as a lover. I love you as my best friend.

JK: (pull closer) No matter what I do to you, you never stop me at all. Don't you think that You're denying your own feelings?

Tae: I never stop you, because if I do, you'll get upset. I don't wanna see you upset. That doesn't mean we can cross the line. The society will never support it. And I can't afford to ruin my dad's reputation, I can't, Kook! It's been half a year after we agreed to it. I'm tired of explaining again and again, Kook!

JK: Did you talk to Dad? How do you know he won't support us?

Tae: (signed) Jungkookie! There is nothing more to talk about this matter. I'm running out of time. I'm leaving for school. I know you have to se off Jiminah and Yeonjun later. So I'll return home alone today. See you tomorrow and up to that, think carefully about what I said. I hope you'll understand.

Tae picked up his bag and left for school.

~TIME SKIP~

AT CITY MALL GATE

JK: So, your shopping is over? I thought it would take a century.

Jm: Tsk! Then we must have disappointed you, Kookie! Let's move to the airport now.

JK: Straight to the airport? Have you brought all your things already?

Yeonjun: Yes, Hyung, we came prepared. Jimin Hyung said it would take a bit time for our shopping so.....

JK didn't say anything, neither Jimin or Yeonjun. They all left for airport silently. Reaching there Yeonjun suddenly hugged JK. JK was caught off-guard.

Yeonjun: Hyung, must I leave the country? Can I not keep living with you? Am I that annoying?(sobbing)

JK: Hei, little monster! Why are you crying? Who said you're annoying?

Yeonjun: (lifting up head) Then why? Why you're pushing me away like this?

JK: (cupped face) Yeonjunah! There is a lot of things I can't tell you, even if I say, you won't understand. Just trust me, please? I'm doing it for your good.