prolog

"Who the fuck calls at seven in the fucking morning?"

Andrea was about to go out when her phone rang. She was always moody in the mornings. The girl still didn't have her morning coffee and having to go to school didn't help her mood.

"Yo, what crawled up your ass this morning? Never mind, you got plans for the summer?" Came the answer from the phone.

The girl knew instantly who it was: Summer Torres. The two had known each other since Andrea's parents divorced and she moved to the US from Australia, when Andy was ten years old. After the divorce, her relationship with her mother got a lot worse, so whenever the woman had enough of her daughter, she dumped her in New York at Margot's, Summer's mother, place, same thing with the other girl. That happened often, so they formed a tight friendship, even tho Andrea was a year older and lived in Santa Cruz while Summer, was in New York.

"Depends, on what you're gonna say next," responded Andrea while looking through her bag for the car keys. "You have a habit of doing stupid shit."

"Hey! Not true, it's the other way around."

When she finally found them, Andrea went into her car, put the call on speaker, and drove from her house, she had to pick up her friend and coffee on the way, so if she wanted to be on time, she had to be fast.

"Hmm, sure." Hummed the older girl. "But really, why are you asking?"

"I may be trying to convince Margot to go to Australia for the nationals in surfing and I wanted you to come too. You know, meet the guys I was talking to you about and maybe compete too if you want. Plus, Margot would be easier to convince if you came along. So what do you think?"

"Yeah, okay. Have you ever, like been in any comps? Don't you think the nationals are a bit hardcore as a first-time? How do you plan on qualifying, you've been surfing for only a year. You know what? Doesn't matter, as long as you have fun. Call me if Margot agrees and we'll see, there's no need to worry about Eliza, she'll be happy to get rid of me. I have to go, I'm at a friend's house."

"Yeah, okay. See you soon, hopefully."

"Yeah, good luck with your exams. I gotta go. Bye!" With that, Andrea hung up and stopped the car next to her friend's house.

________________________________
Author's Note
Soooo, here it is.
The first chapter of the first story, sorry it's so short, but I'll try on longer chapters in the actual story.
Let me know in the comments what you think.