I

Atlanta

Atlanta. 2010. The world has changed abruptly. People die and come back a short time later as undead. Zombies. You have to shoot them in the head if you want these things to never get up again, even if that means killing a person who is so close to you.

A boy and his mother also got it, not in the sense that they died and then rose again, no. They, like so many other people, have lost everything. Their homes or maybe even family members. Some are all alone.

The mother, Claire Wood, lives with her only son, Micah, in a small apartment in the middle of the city of Atlanta. The two of them have been living in the one room apartment for a long time now, they have noticed a lot, undead often run up and down the building and this even though Claire searches it at least once a day for these things. To make it safe for her son.

But they have also heard about human figures, but could never and never wanted to get in touch with them. You can't know what kind of people you're dealing with. They could be thieves, cannibals, or whatever.

And as the mother so often does, she makes her way through the multi-story building today to look for supplies or the undead.

"I'll go then, yes?" Claire walked up to her son, who was already 20, and stroked his cheek with one hand. As usual, she only got a silent nod from Micah.

The woman pushes a large old shelf away from the front door to make her way out. She turned to her boy once more, closed the door, and disappeared into the dark hallway.

Micah saw it on a mattress that had slept through the night, but she was still very comfortable under the circumstances. In his lap was a book, his favorite book, to be precise, the first volume of the Harry Potter series. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. He is particularly fond of this series.

He hummed a song to himself. Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley.

Micah was now alone in the old filthy apartment, staring at the many words on the paper.