Chapter 8: Dungeon Expedition

Narrator: "A quick recap: Kalego announced a new training ground for the misfits. In conclusion, they have to arrive at the cursed mountain by dawn. Kalego sent them home to enjoy their peaceful moments, and Iruma had an sleepover with his best friends. During their sleepover, Azz and Clara heard Iruma's conversation with Ameri. Now, their sleepover has turned into an awkward interrogation!"

The three of them went inside of the room, and they're currently sitting on Iruma's bed. The young demons were silently facing each other, and they're struggling to break the awkward silence.

Azz: *Ahem* "Once again, we'd like to apologize for eavesdropping on you, Iruma-sama."
Iruma: "I-it's fine..."
Clara: "So, Iruma-chi loves Scarlet-chan?"
Azz: "Hey! Show some respect to Iruma-sama!"
Clara: "Be quiet, Azz-Azz!"
Azz: *Shocked* "You!!"
Iruma: "Please calm down, you two... I'm sorry for keeping it a secret!"
Azz: "Iruma-sama..."
Clara: "Hm... Iruma-chi loves Scarlet-chan, me, and Azz-Azz. I also love the three of you. Say, Azz-Azz... You also love us, right? What about Scarlet-chan?"
Azz: "You have a point... Do I love her?"
Iruma: "Wait a second, stop! Stop, you two! What are you talking about??"
Clara: "If Scarlet-chan joins us, we'll no longer be the love trio!"
Iruma: "H-heh?? U-uhm... It's true that I love the two of you, but... I-I'm in a relationship with Ameri-san..."

Azz: *Pause* "Iruma-sama is in a relationship? H-how could this be... I'm Iruma-sama's right hand man, yet I failed to notice his growth!"
Iruma: "Again, what are you talking about?!"
Azz: "I'm sorry for not noticing, Iruma-sama. But I finally understand your purpose!"
Clara: "What purpose?"
Azz: "It's very obvious, you idiot! Iruma-sama will take over the netherworld, and he will be crowned as the demon king! Everything is already set in motion, and Iruma-sama is already preparing for an heir!"
Iruma: "Seriously, what's happening?!"
Clara: "Hoh, what's an heir??"
Iruma: "That's your question!?"
Azz: "An heir will continue their parent's legacy, and they will be given a certain position. Iruma-sama had been plotting everything behind the scenes, and we're too ignorant to notice! You're truly outstanding, Iruma-sama! I'll make sure that my legacy serves yours!"
Clara: "Wait, Iruma-chi and Azz-Azz already has their own heirs??"
Iruma: "Ahhh!! What language are you two speaking?!"

Their discussion got out of hand, so they agreed to take a break. After a few minutes, Iruma explained everything to his best friends, and Azz clarified his own thoughts.

Azz: "I see... Do you plan on having an heir, Iruma-sama?"
Iruma: "T-that's too advanced, let's focus on the present for now..."
Clara: "If Iruma-chi loves Scarlet-chan, does it mean that the two of you will get married in the future?"
Iruma: "M-maybe...?"
Clara: *Sad* "Are you going to leave us if you get married?"
Iruma: "No, I'll never leave the two of you!"
Azz: "That's right, I'll follow Iruma-sama for eternity!"
Clara: *Relieved* "I guess I'll be fine with it, as long as we're still the love trio!"
Iruma: "Y-yeah! Wait, it's almost dawn! We have to sleep!"

After a few hours, they woke up to prepare their things. The three of them had their breakfast together, and they changed their clothes to uniforms. Sullivan and Opera wished them good luck for their training as they depart towards the cursed mountain. The morning dew gave them chills as they soar through the skies, and they had a playful race to avoid getting late. After a while, the cursed mountain was on sight, and it was the same mountain that Iruma saw during his stay with the Valac family.

The young demons tucked their wings for a free fall, and Clara prepared a soft cushion for their landing. They began walking towards the cursed mountain, and the area was surrounded by mist. After arriving at the foot of the mountain, they saw some of their classmates. Iruma greeted them before exploring the new environment. He saw a lot of strange plants, and he noticed that Clara was holding a glowing stone. Fortunately, Azz scolded Clara and he told her to stay put. The other misfits arrived, and Kalego finally showed up.

Kalego: "Heh, it's good to see that all of you arrived on time. We'll begin our training shortly, so make sure that you're prepared. And, don't wander around because of your curiosity. You'll get cursed if you get in contact with any resources from this area. If you notice a glowing orb, make sure to avoid it at all cost."
Iruma|Azz: "Glowing orb...?"
Clara: "Is this a glowing orb? I found it earlier, it's cool isn't it?"
Kalego: "Tsk, idiots never learn."
Iruma|Azz: "Clara! Don't touch that!"