Chapter 8 - The boxing match

It was Friday afternoon I spend the day inside reading. I decided I wanted to relax even more by taking a bath. Washing thoughts of the vendetta away. I was in my room ready to change in my new outfit...when I heard someone distantly calling my name. I turned to the door, when it opened revealing Isiah. He looked at me wide-eyed noticing I was just in a towel. He turned his head and swallowed harshly. He turned around staring at the wall. "I-uhmm... sorry... for not knocking... Tom Uhm... Tommy called a family meeting... so I'm escorting you" he said nervously scratching his neck. Liking how nervous he became I decided to be a tease. Dropping the towel loudly on the floor, opening my closet just next to the door searching for an outfit. Isiah's body tensed at the sound and let his head fall up facing the ceiling he muttered curses. Finding the dress I put it on, making sure I was presentable.

I brushed past Isiah looking over my shoulder at him smirking "come on then Isiah, or is staring at the ceiling more important?"

I brushed past Isiah looking over my shoulder at him smirking "come on then Isiah, or is staring at the ceiling more important?"... he looked at me narrowing his eyes before shaking his head and walking out the house. It was quiet while we walked until Isiah broke the silence "So this friend do I know them?" Looking at him confused I replied with "what?". "The one who teached you those moves". "Wait...who?!". "I wouldn't know, that's why I'm asking you Jenny". "Why do you wanna know?" He looked at me exasperated "because I wanna thank them. Now who is it?". I looked at him stating "it's just a friend. I'll tell him you appreciated it, okay?". Isiah picked up at that "it's a guy? He a peaky boy?" Nodding my head he continued "is it that gold boy?" Rolling my eyes at the nickname I said "he's got a name you know, it's Bonnie". He shrugged saying "I know, I just don't care". Looking up at him, I said "Be nice, he's my friend Isiah. Besides you might like him". He immediately responded with "I won't". "You haven't even met him, how do you know you wouldn't get along?" "I know, okay? Now leave it." We carried on walking in silence when he said "Your spending a lot of time with him lately". Looking at him smugly I asked "Jealous much?". "No, why would I be?" "You tell me?". Silence. "Does Tommy know?" "Know what?" I asked confused. "About the gold boy". "There is nothing to tell Isiah, we're just friends. Come on we're late." I said walking in. Overhearing Arthur saying "We all heard the shooting..." they all looked at me. "Where have you been?" Asked Finn, ignoring him I sat down "So... what happend?" Thomas looked between me and the family saying "today I killed 3 men... now our enemies have to wait-" Arthur interrupted "I suppose they... I suppose they took you by surprise, did they?" "No, I knew they were coming" Polly butted in saying "just after Christmas I received a letter from Luca Changretta. Offering to spare me so for giving up Tommy. I gave Tommy up. That was the plan we agreed on." "I knew that Luca wanted to pull the trigger himself" Arthur snorted some snow up, when Tommy continued "set up as bait to get him". "You're a fucking idiot Tom". Tommy irritatingly said "Look I didn't get Luca, but I got 3, Allright? That's it. That's happened." Charlie came in the room when Johnny said "thought you got soft. You got three... you got three.... three yeah?". Charlie raised his glass "I'll drink on you Tom, you mad bastard!". Then everybody went to get a drink, leaving me and Lizzie behind. She refused to look at me. "You told Tommy yet?". "No I haven't. I'll do it today." We stood up joining the rest.