Chapter 7 - The aftermath

I woke up in Isiah's arms, who was carrying me to the couch in my house. Ada assessed my injuries. "Isiah get me a needle and thread, Tommy get me whiskey and Arthur get me some cloths and a bowl of water... Finn hold her still". When I looked at Ada groggily she said "you've got a head injury that I got to stitch up, cut on your cheek, swelling around your eyes and nose. I'll asses the rest after I've sown you up". The boys gave Ada the stuff she asked for. "Drink this" she said giving me whiskey. After gulping on it it got pulled away from me by Arthur who took a sip and threw it over the cloths. He hesitated over my wound when... Tommy got the bottle, took a sip and poured it over my head wound. I screamed the loudest I've ever had. The guys all winched seeing me in pain. While Finn, Isiah and Arthur had to hold me down, Tommy holds my face and keeps tapping my cheek to let me focus on him instead of the pain. Ada started sewing up the wound which hurt like a bitch. Tommy started talking "You've got this Jen. You've got this. It will be over soon." While brushing my hair back. When Ada was done she poured some more whiskey on it "when I said I wanted some bonding time with my only sister. I didn't mean this Jennifer". Rolling my eyes at her I said "yeah yeah sorry that I got attacked while peacefully shopping. Speaking of shopping -" Isiah interrupted me "Don't worry Jen we brought your stuff with us and no damage was found" he smirked at me. Sighing "Thank god for that". "Seriously Jenny? You're worried about your clothes getting damaged after being attacked?" asked Arthur exasperated. "Uhh yeah hello you love whiskey I love clothes. You don't hear me complaining about you getting the whiskey bottles when the garrison blew up." "Put your blouse of I need to see if your rib is broken". I was unbuttoning my blouse when all the boys turned around giving me and Ada a little privacy. Not too much tough, scared something would happen if they left the room. They were in their overprotective mode. Ada pressed on my rib making me hiss "Ada your hurting her!" Said Finn. "Relax Finn. It's not broken it'll be sore for a while but apart from your head injury you're good to go... someone needs to stay the night to wake her up every 2 hours to make sure she doesn't have a head injury". The boys all said they would do it causing a argument on who it should be. In the end they decided on Finn and Isiah. The boys turned around when I got decent again. Finn and Isiah sat next to me while Tommy and Ada sat in the chairs with Arthur standing behind Ada's chair. "So... what happened?" Asked Tommy. "What do you know?". "We were at Artillery Square when I realised it was a decoy to get to you and Michael... Michael's alright. Polly's with him." Tommy awaited my reacting when I nodded my head for him to continue. "Me, Finn and Isiah saw the Italian punching you in the face. And then you punching him repeatedly and getting a good hit on his throat and killing him -" I interrupted him "Sounds about right... I was shopping and noticed them following me. I wanted to get to more familiar grounds so I headed to Charlie's forgetting i had to go by the cut". Then Finn asked "Did they? Did they do anything else? You reacted very panicked to our touches". I looked at him grabbing his hand "No. Well they were planning to take advantage of me but I... uhm I stopped that before it could happen. My vision was blurred and I couldn't hear you guys. I wasn't sure if it was safe for me to let my guard down." "Good on ya. Ya got some Shelby blood in you, I saw the bodies good job little sis." said Arthur smiling proud at me. "How did you learn to fight like that?" Asked Finn. "A friend taught me that". "A friend? Is it a guy? Who is it?" Asked Arthur. Rolling my eyes at him "does it matter?". "We couldn't find your gun at the scene" stated Tommy "what happend to it?". Looking wide-eyed at him "Well- Uhm you see... I kind of lost it". "How do you lose a gun?" Asked Ada. "Well... I uhm might or might not have dropped it in the cut while being drunk from a party". "What? You went to a party without me?" Asked Isiah incredulously. "Uhm.. you were there Isiah". "But the last party i was at was 2 months ago-". "YOU'VE BEEN WALKING AROUND WITHOUT A GUN FOR 2 MONTHS" Tommy yelled at me. "Uhmm... well... if you think about it. I had a gun on me on all times with the peaky blinders following my every move..." Tommy did not like that one but he stood up staring at me. He walked towards me pulled me up resulting in me flinching. He got a soft look on his face "Sorry, it's okay you're safe. I'm not gonna hurt ya." He held my face in between his hands giving me a kiss on the head. Pointing a finger at me I said very calmly "you never ever hide something like that to me. Okay? Never. I'll get you a new gun... Finn ring us if something happens... Ada come on I'll walk you home".