𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘌𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛

Start from the beginning

2

1

"Welcome our closing act. Raina Park!" The MC announced, screams thundered through the stadium as the lights now focused on Raina as she walked forward, her dress train gracefully flowing behind her. She wore a light blue asymmetrical dress, the front hem stopped a few inches above her knees while the back continued to the floor with a slight train, the sparkles on the dress shimmering in the light.

She walked gracefully up to the mic with a small smile of her lips, giving a bow and a wave to the huge audience.

"Good evening everyone!" Raina exclaimed into the mic and the crowd cheered loudly causing Raina's nerves to dissipate slowly.

"Today is special, not only for you all, who have gotten to see your favourite artists perform but for me as well. Because in a few moments, I will be performing the title track to my unrealsed EP." She announced and the audience went crazy causing Raina to let out a tiny laugh before motioning the crowd to calm down.

"This is called State of Grace." She announced, glancing to the right where the staff stood, signalling to start the track. The stage lights dimmed and Raina strung the first cord of her guitar,

This was it.

K stood right next to Heeseung, with Haru on his right as they watched Raina, his hands clenching and unclenching by his sides, sparks of hope glimmering in his eyes the moment he noticed his ring sitting perfectly between her collarbones.

"You saw it?" Heeseung whispered to K. The older man looked to his friend and gave a silent nod, Heeseung smiled softly.

"This time, don't let her go." Heeseung said, before K could respond, Raina's voice sounded through his ears, gracing his heart.

I'm walking fast through the traffic lights
Busy streets and busy lives
And all we know is touch and go
We are alone with our changing minds
We fall in love 'til it hurts or bleeds, or fades in time

And I never (never)
Saw you coming
And I'll never (never)
Be the same

You come around and the armor falls
Pierce the room like a cannonball
Now all we know is don't let go
We are alone, just you and me
Up in your room and our slates are clean
Just twin fire signs, four brown eyes

K gazed at Raina like she was the only thing he could see, Haru, from beside him looked at his best friend it was like watching the male lead of a romance movie finally find out that the girl he loves feels the same way. The way K's eyes shone as he stared at Raina as she sang her confession, to Haru and the other members of Enhypen it was a if they had all disappeared and it was only Raina and K.

So you were never a saint
And I've loved in shades of wrong
We learn to live with the pain
Mosaic broken hearts
But this love is brave and wild

Raina sang her heart out, the lyrics flowing from her tongue easier than any other words she could have spoken to him. And although she couldn't see it, the audience were all in awe at her voice as they read the translated lyrics that were displayed on the side stage screens.

And I never (never)
Saw you coming
And I'll never (never)
Be the same

As Raina started the next verse, she willed herself to turn her gaze towards K, who stared back at her with glistening hopeful eyes, she sang to him, staring at him trying to project everything she felt from her eyes and her lips.

This is a state of grace
This is the worthwhile fight
Love is a ruthless game
Unless you play it good and right
These are the hands of fate
You're my Achilles heel
This is the golden age of something good and right and real

And I never (never)
Saw you coming
And I'll never
Be the same

And I never (never)
Saw you coming
And I'll never (so you were never a saint)
(And I've loved in shades of wrong)
Be the same (we learn to live with the pain)
(Mosaic broken hearts)
(But this love is brave and wild)

Raina had stopped strumming the cords on her guitar and took her mic from the stand, turning her body ever so slightly to face K and the others, her voice lowering to a dedicated tone as she sang the last lyrics.

This is a state of grace
This is the worthwhile fight
Love is a ruthless game
Unless you play it good and right

And just as the music simmered out and the lights dimmed once again, that's when the cheers and screams started. But Raina's focus was only on K, tears simmering in both their eyes however for different reasons.