𝐂𝐡. 𝟓𝟕 | 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

These words slipped way too fast in anger. I wanted to take back the last seven words I had said to her because her heart had shattered. Her eyes filled with salty tears that tried not to drool down her face.

"Why would you say that to me?" her voice broke through her soft tone that eased my expression.

The tenderness left my body and my mind had gotten a grip of itself. Her body slightly froze and shook against the breeze. Keeping her gaze locked with mine, she tried to snatch herself away from me. I could see her planning to find a way to just get away from me.

What have I done?

"Strawberry," I whisperingly called, watching that tear run down her face.

"Luka," she cries whisperingly in response.

Wishing he was here right now to just take her into his arms and comfort this heartbreak which seemed like her first after finding out Luka replicated her feelings.

Liya herself was stuck in this loop of me and Luka. I couldn't blame her for anything. My selfishness of wanting her made me drive her crazy. I could have easily let them be but I didn't want to. She slid sideways, walking away from me. Grabbing a pillow off my bed, she left my room. Her leaving my room in such pain felt like my whole world had collapsed.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

I couldn't sleep knowing she wasn't in my bed with me. It frustrated me to the point where it felt like my own soul was upset with me. She didn't even bother taking the guest room.

Her body laid so comfortably on the couch like a little baby's does with a warm blanket on top of her. Her cheeks were flustering red with heat though and they only continued to when I sat down opposite to her and stared at them.

It was like she had eyes over her entire body. Despite the two she could physically see with being closed, the non-visible ones on her body that only ever opened upon my appearance stared at me in adoration.

How could I have said such a vague thing to her?

Even if it was true, it was out of my control. I had never experienced anything near love let alone have the ability to offer it to someone like her. In my quest of selfishness and egoistic push, this was something I had never thought of.

She had already left the house back to her agency for work the next morning before I had even woken up. Even if I wanted to do anything or say anything, she wouldn't want to listen.

Ellah gives me a call late in the afternoon about a shoot offer for me and Liya. I headed down to the agency, clearing my meetings, just in the hunger of seeing the beautiful sight of her freckles and green eyes.

Liya sat in Ellah's office, chewing gum, arms folded as if she had made a decision. My eyes winced and I just knew this wasn't going to end well at all.

"I'm glad you could make it on such a short notice Mr. Ruel," she spoke as I took my seat in the spare seat beside Liya.

"We've had Esqueleto, the jewellery brand come out with some rare new limited edition engagement pieces," she told context before elaborating that they have also requested that me and Liya model it.

"People getting engaged need to be in love to perfectly model and create a vibe around jewellery pieces like that because it obviously holds a meaning," Liya rolled her eyes.

I can sense that she is about to make our little fight a bit public and try to humiliate me in front of Ellah.

"I don't mind. Just let me know when the shoot is," I interjected giving Liya a sign to shut up.

"But I do," Liya scrunches her nose madly with a petty attitude.

"Mr Ruel doesn't do love. Someone who needs to pretend to be in love needs to also know what love is," she turns her head to me with a faint smile.

"It's just a shoot Ms Dalton. It's not like we're actually getting engaged. Ads don't need to have real emotions," the argument came abruptly with a glare of warning for her.

"Perfect. Then in my opinion Jenavive and Mr Ruel would be a great match for this emotionless shoot. Who knows, they're so alike they might even fall in love," a sarcastic laugh comes after the smile as she gets up off her seat.

"Liya, the brand has requested you with Chase," Ellah spoke a bit furiously at her attitude.

"My contract gives me the right to reject advertisements," she let Ellah know which made me chuckle.

"How do you deal with this pettiness? If she worked for me I would've fired her ages ago," I stood up on my feet with an angry thin expression.

"Of course, you would because according to the law, it's illegal for the employer to empty the entire office midday on a busy Wednesday to fuck his employee on his couch," Liya's petty words let a gasp out of Ellah.

"Bring back Luka from his grave to humble her," I turn my head away from her glaring eyes and walk towards the entrance.

"Mr. CEO needs more humbling than me if he's so far driven from the reality of emotions," she grabbed a glass globe ball to throw it at me as soon as I exited.

My temper burst and I grabbed her by her arms harshly, holding her small body against the wall. Even now, the heat of her body rises at my body pressing against hers.

Her cheeks were painted red but her full of a furious fire of raw anger. I could feel the warm fireballs hit my face with each intense second of the glare she gave me.

"You want to talk about the law, Ms Dalton? How about you come fight me when you can take my cock without screaming," I uttered against her lips with a warm breath.

Tempted to kiss her but I didn't. Letting her arms go and drop by her side, I turned my back to her and started to walk away.

"I'll be moving to Luka's today you moron!" she yells as if this threat was going to hurt.

"Be my guest!" was all I responded, knowing damn well her moving away from me was going to drive me insane.

Don't forget to vote 🥀