𝐂𝐡. 𝟒𝟕 | 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

Not one corner was deprived of her touch and existence. It was so elegant. She's been the most elegant to me. Closing the door behind me, I leave the room.

I was going to take her to Luka's place this week too. His mother had dropped off the papers to his house. Luka had it named after her already. It's like he was so prepared that he was going to leave this world before she did.

It wasn't a secret that the thought of her away from him, not with him, suffocated him to the point it could make the fucker have a heart attack. Or a blood pressure shoot from overthinking. I'm in no position to talk because I am no different from him as well.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"The Rajs have a meeting scheduled with you tomorrow around twelve," my manager informed, following me out of the meeting room and to my cabin.

On the way, one of my other assistants handed me a coffee which I took a sip of. Taking the tablet into my hands, I looked at my schedule for this week.

I was going to have to leave for Miami tomorrow night and then be back in two days. This trip was difficult to cancel due to its constant postponement. However, this time if I had postponed it, the deal would be out of my hands.

The company would suffer a huge loss but it wouldn't create a dramatic impact considering our other projects are off the charts in the market. It'll be easier to also attract more investors as well. I rang the Rajs to have a discussion about this.

"Mr Ruel, I've been waiting for this call," he spoke gladly.

"I'm sure you have. I have called in regard to the meeting on Thursday," I say, confirming back to the tablet.

"Is there any way we can make it online?" I asked.

"I'm sorry but for this project, since it's huge we need you to be here. Considering you've postponed this meeting so many times, we'd expect you to be here this time," he commanded in a way I didn't like.

"It's difficult at the moment," my body tensed as I entered my cabin to find Liya in it, waiting for me.

"Well then I'm going to have to call this project off with you," he hangs up, without another word.

I sigh in distress, a bit annoyed at this loss. I knew it was coming but this business was really precious to my mother. It had been a family business which was now mixing in with my personal life.

"Woah, what was that?" Liya asked getting off my seat.

"Just an investor," limiting the conversation so she doesn't freak out.

"And what were you doing on my chair?" I tried changing the topic, crossing my arms over my chest after placing my coffee mug on my table.

She adjusted herself again, crossing one leg over the other like she was a businesswoman. It suited her. The confidence and power her body language showed sitting in this chair.

"Just seeing how it feels to sit in the city's most rich businessman's seat," she spoke so arrogantly in role play.

"It's not as special as people think it is," she nods her head sassily, making me smile a little.

"And this coffee," she reached for my mug, taking a sip.

"Is normal too," she swayed her head again.

My tongue ran along each tooth of mine in the inside of my mouth, trying to hold in the wide smile my face tried to display.

"This isn't even the real experience," I spoke, turning the chair to face the desk.

My laptop was already open on a document. Leaning my neck down above her shoulder, I guided her smooth little hands in mine to the keyboard to type a few phrases. The sound of her breaths so heavy with nervousness made me happy.

"The person who sits in this chair is the one who gets the final say," I spoke against her ear.

Leaning off her, I spun her chair around to face me again. Caging her between my arms, her eyes looked up and locked in mine.

"Then I think the right person is sitting in this chair," she arched a smirk at my words which made me feel so hard.

Her confidence is what gets me so aroused by her. The way her lips banter and know the control she has on me. The way she's so proud about having me doesn't make me feel threatened anymore.

"What was the call about?" she smartly changed the topic back to it.

I knew I wasn't going to get out of this with a lie. She can tell when I lie and when I'm telling the truth. I might have a fist thrown to my face if I lied to her anyway and being the most famous CEO, I can't afford to have my pretty face ruined at the hands of my sweet nemesis.

"They needed me over in Miami for two to three days," I told, thinking she'd become a bit disturbed.

"Then you should go," she instructed unaffected.

I fell to my knees in front of her and took both her hands in mine.

"No, Strawberry. Not yet. You need me," I blinked twice with the softness in my gaze which she was touched by.

"I'm doing better now. Look I'm at work and I can even make it out of the house alone. I haven't had nightmares in a while too," she justified gripping her hands tightly in mine, trying to convince me.

I nodded no.

"God don't be such a mum. You call him and tell him you're coming to see them or else I'll be living at the agency till Thursday away from you," she threatened so smartly it was like an oath she would fulfil.

One of my hands leaves her grip and travels up to her face. Softly brushing her hair that had been straightened behind her ear, I cuffed her face softly. The feeling of touching her was making me feel alive again.

"As much as I want to throw you off here for threatening me, I'm so proud of you, Srawberry," I held back the void in my heart.

It felt emotional saying these words to her. But her strength and effort needed to be acknowledged. She was the second woman after my mother who I had seen so strong and unforgiving of whatever had happened to her.

She smiled lightly to herself, feeling nice about what I said to her. Getting back up on my feet, I rang them and confirmed my trip there. Something didn't feel right. There was a fear in me that if I left her here something might happen.

"Why don't you come with me?" I suggested.

"I would but I am packed with photoshoots this week," she clicked her tongue and responded.

Great.

Don't forget to vote 🥀