38: You're a Bad Boy, Harry

It feels like they've been stuck in the first term of fifth year forever, but I am finally moving on to the second.

Summary: *pats Harry on head* This bad boy

The new term began, as usual, with a bang bang.

("Don't you mean a bang?"

"Nope."

Bang, bang into the room (I know you want it)
Bang, bang all over you

"Really?"

The author shrugged.)

Just then, the door flung open, and a hush swept through the common room.

The current song faded away to be replaced by a new one.

Now the day I was born
The nurses all gathered 'round
And they gazed in wide wonder

All eyes turned to the figure standing at the entrance, taking in the black leather jacket and the black stainless steel tumbler with the Hufflepuff crest on it complete with a yellow-and-black striped acrylic straw, and watched him swagger inside.

Bad to the bone
B-B-B-B-Bad

"Sup?" Parry Slurpy Hotter the Platypus, also known as Harry Potter or that Potter brat or POTTER (Polo!), greeted the gawking crowd.

Some students groaned, which just goes to show that not everyone is cool like Harry.

Hannah and Jayson waved, which goes to show that they are cool.

"What's with the fancy getup?" Hannah asked.

"I am so glad you asked, Miss Abbott, and to answer the question, well, it's a new year, new term. People change." He turned to gaze forlornly into the distance. "I'm a bad boy now."

"A bad boy?" Zacharias said skeptically. "You?"

"Why not?" Harry countered. "I have a tragic past, I have the dark hair and eyes as green as a fresh pickled toad. Ignore the abusive tendencies that are often portrayed as romantic and whatnot and — boom! — bad boy."

With that said and done, he swaggered off to his dorm.

As a self-proclaimed bad boy™, Harry knew he had to show the world just how bad he could be. And he knew just where to start.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"... Mr. Potter? Why are standing outside the classroom?"

The rest of the class, currently seated with their books and wands laid out on their desks, looked at Harry, who was indeed standing just outside the doorway.

It was almost time for class to officially begin, but Harry still stood outside. A long moment passed, and then Harry stepped inside.

"Sorry, Professor, but as a bad boy, I must be late to class."

McGonagall closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. Was it too early to retire? "Mr. Potter —"

"Polo."

"Take a seat."

"Aren't you going to deduct points for tardiness?"

Probably not too early to retire.

"You were late by two seconds."

Slurp.

Definitely not too early.