✰ Chapter 04 ✰

Start from the beginning

"Hikari what the hell." Takemichi whisper yelled, "why didn't you tell me -"

"You know, when I was informed that members of Toman were seen gathering at this park I thought the reason would be interesting" Mickey sticks his foot into Kiyomasa's cheek nudging his head.

"But a fight club? That's so boring I was looking forward to knocking some heads... it looks like you beat me to it." Mikey whined looking down at Kiyomasa's unconscious body.

Mikey then looks past me at Michi "So who are you?"

"Uh, Takemichi Hanagaki."

"Hmm," Mikey hummed, his eyes scanning over me then Michi "Starting today we're all gonna be friends."

What does someone like Mikey want to be friends with Takemichi?

"All you losers wake up and scram already!" Draken yelled, they all followed his orders immediately scrambling for the exit of the park.

"Hikari!" Mikey's eyes landed back on me and for a second I stared back at him until I dropped my gaze to the floor.

I don't answer him. I could feel eyes on me no doubt belonging to Michi, his friends, and Draken.

Mikey smiles "See you."

It's not long before Mikey and Draken disappear from our sight.

Right when they do "Oh my gosh you were amazing Takemichi" Yamagishi gushed running down the steps.

"That was the most amazing thing ever," says Makoto as he follows behind Yamagishi.

"Huh." Takemichi looked confused and I mean so am I. All he did was take a beating.

"What is amazing about almost getting his lights knocked out by a third year thug?"

I should've stayed quiet because as soon as I spoke they both slowly turned their heads towards me.

"How did the leader of Toman know your name?" Yamagishi asked

"Hey mind your business," Takemichi said but that didn't stop them.

"Right and was that tension I was seeing between you both?"

"Wait I actually wanna know that too." Great now he's on their side.

They all start mumbling theories and shit like I was secretly dating Mikey so the other gangs wouldn't come after me

Or that I was Draken's sister

What. The. Fuck.

It must be nice...

To be so stupid.

Slowly I retreated leaving them to conjure theories more. I joined Akkun on the bench.

He's the most mature out of all of them, which is why I like him the most. He's kinda like a little brother.

"Nice huh." He doesn't look at me, his eyes remain on his friends, all of them being stupid. "Watching them goof around I haven't heard their laughs in a while."

For a few minutes Akkun and I sit in silence listening to the ridiculous banter between them.

"What the hell was that earlier?" I questioned, if I hadn't stopped him Akkun would have Kiyomasa's blood on his hands.

Knowing him I don't think he could live with that, killing someone.

"We would've been his slaves forever. That was an out." He breathed, he lifted his hand the knife still held under his fingers tightly

His hand shook with fear "That isn't an out, you would've had to live with his death on your conscience forever."

"Yeah it was stupid then I saw no other way" he shoved the pocket knife back into his pocket finally lifting his head "We have Takemichi to thank for freedom."

"How? All he did was take a beating"

"Exactly, thanks to him toughing out the fight it gave Mikey time to get here." He smiled, something I hadn't seen in a long time.

"You the one who called up Mikey?" I nudged his shoulder with mine.

"I wish but whoever did saved us."

𝟭𝟱𝟭𝟬 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀 Early update cause why not?

𝟭𝟱𝟭𝟬 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀
Early update cause why not?

It's a little boring right now but what do we think of the story so far??