"I'm Baek Hana, it's nice to meet you!" the girl replied, "I'm not sure, because at the moment we have enough staff, but my mom has been wanting to make the cafe feel more livelier. Oh, sorry, my mom owns this place!" she added, replying to the girls previous question.

"Oh, hello I'm Han Eunjoo! I didn't know your mom owned the place. I've seen you around university sometimes. We're in the same class right?"

"Yes we are! It's so nice to finally see someone from my class come to the cafe. It's been pretty quiet for a while."

"Hey, actually, I think I might have an idea on how to make this place more lively. I kinda sing? Yeah, I mean, I've written a few songs but never really released them, but maybe you can have a live band or something? I would love to sing!" Eunjoo said to the older girl, hoping that she'd like her idea.

She really needed this, singing was her escape, and that's exactly what she needed at the moment.

The older girls eyes glistened at the idea, immediately agreeing to talk to her mom about it. The two then exchanged numbers, the older girl promising to get back to her about the idea.

Eunjoo exited the cafe meeting Haerin outside talking to someone on the phone, the blonde haired girl looked angry, or more so worried. The girl walked up to her friend as she disconnected the call.

The blonde sighed, immediately rushing into her best friends warm embrace, sighing.

"What's wrong, Rin?" she asked.

"My moms in the hospital. It happened again, I think it's much worse this time. I don't know what to do. I mean, I can't leave right now and she won't agree to leave either but there's no one to take care of her. If she was at least in Seoul I could go visit her in the hospital, but she's so adamant on staying there." Haerin replied, her eyes stinging with tears, due to how frustrated and upset she was.

Eunjoo knew about her family's situation. Hell, she probably understood better than anyone. She knew how much Haerin loved her mom, and despised her dad. Maybe they were meant to be friends after all.

Eunjoo rubbed the girls hair, telling her it would all be fine.

"Rinnie, don't worry. I'm here with you okay? Try to convince her to come here, I'm sure you'll both feel better. Or since the weekend is coming up, maybe we can both go and visit her and convince her? I'm always here for you okay? I love you so much."

"You don't have to make me cry." the girl replied lightheartedly letting out a laugh, touched by her friends comforting words.
"But seriously, thanks Eun. I don't know what I would do without you. I'm so lucky to have someone like you." she added, seriously.

The younger girl replied, "Mhm, you probably would've fallen into the tricks of that creepy alleyway guy if I hadn't saved you." she said, reminiscing the moment they met. The two girls let out a laugh at the memory.

"Okay, I think you should stop clinging to me so that we can walk before we're late." the younger reminded.

"Oh shit! Well, here's to being future doctors. Hopefully we won't need one before we graduate." Haerin joked.

The girls laughed wholeheartedly, now rushing to their lecture.

They might not have had the perfect lives, but both of them were so dedicated to their dreams, they were perfect for each other.

The two had been friends for longer than the others. Haerin and Eunjoo's mothers were best friends in college, so the two girls grew up together.

Every birthday, festival, celebration was spent with each other. The two would often recall the times they'd come home from school with their report cards ready to show their mothers.

Eunjoo and Haerin were bright students from the start. They'd always have the highest scores in their schools. Yet their mothers were proud of them every time. Every test paper would go on the refrigerator for 18 whole years before the two moved away for college.

Even after Eunjoo's mother passed away, Haerin's mother never failed to shower both of them with motherly love. She continued the tradition that her best friend had started. She'd always treated Eunjoo like her own, continuing the tradition her own mother, unfortunately couldn't. Although she pretended to be fine, everyone knew her best friend's passing affected her more than she let on.

Eunjoo and Haerin knew they had each other and that's all they needed.

'Maybe it was fate. Maybe it was written that we'd need each other one day. That's why we were mean to be best friends.' Eunjoo often thought.

The things that they related with each other on might not have been ideal, but what mattered was that they were always there for each other, through the good and the worst. No matter what.

 No matter what