40. Xiao.. you're special

Start from the beginning

"I understand. Follow me then" I was a bit confused but followed my father. We went inside his room which made me even more confused.

"Father.. but-"

"Don't worry. All I have to do.. is turn this on" He approached his desk and searched for something. After a moment I was able to hear something turning on.. but nothing.. changed?

"It's a device that blocks off any kind of signal. And blocks off every other device. So we are safe to talk. It seems.. that whatever you want to say is very important. And you looked worried that someone might hear us"

He was on point, as always. He was never wrong when it came to guess my thoughts. I'm his son, after all, so he knows me the best.

"Father.. it seems that.. I have found my fated partner. It was an accidental meeting.. and I never expected this to happ-"

"So you found your pair? Ahh.. seems like this gonna come sooner than expected" Huh? What does he mean? I looked at him with curiosity and he caught it instantly "You see, our bloodline.. is special. I have never told you about this, because it wasn't the time for it. But since you found your fated partner.. it's time I tell you a little bit"

Wait.. special bloodline? What is he talking about? I have never noticed anything special about myself.. only the fact that my sense of smell is super sensitive to pheromones. Is that what he means? Or there is something else? But what else could it be?

"You are confused, I know. Our ancestors.. had always found their fated pair. There were no exceptions. And we can recognize only their scents. Your case.. is a bit different. As you know, your sense of smell is stronger.. and since we can recognize only our fated partner's scent, every other scent is barely noticeable. Of course, we can smell other Alphas and Omegas pheromones normally. But they're way weaker compared to how others smell them like. Especially when it comes to Omegas"

"Ah.. wait" I looked at my father with confusion. It's hard to follow everything "So.. everyone in our family had found their fated pairs? But.. isn't it super rare? So why..? And how?"

"As you heard, everyone found their fated pair. Our family.. has specific genes. Those genes allow us to always find our fated partner. And no matter what, you always gonna end up with your pair. You can live in different countries, but fate gonna bring you together. Oh.. and our family always gives birth to dominant Alphas as a firstborn child" With this last one, he went off-topic a bit..

"Umm.. Father. But.. why do we always find out fated pairs? Is there a reason?"

"Ah, yes yes. But.. it might not be the time to tell you this right now. I will tell you later when you are ready to hear it. Ah, I almost forgot. Our fated partners are always dominant Omegas, but you probably noticed that-"

"He is a normal Omega tho..?"

"Ah? Wait.. you mean it's not a dominant Omega? And.. it's a male Omega?" My father looked a bit shocked. But I don't understand why. Is there something wrong about male Ome- "That's amazing! We haven't had a male Omega in our family for quite a while. But.. are you sure he is not a dominant Omega?"

"Yes.. he isn't. Well.. he hasn't had his first heat as well. I'm worried about him.." His state is worrying. Omega who had no heat at his age, it's nothing good. And then there are his mental health problems. They might be the biggest worry I have.

Omegas are fragile, which means their mental state is fragile as well. I feel the need to help him.. helping him recover from everything. I want to see him happy, enjoying his life. But.. is there a chance for it to happen? Would I be able to help him?