⚖️/Chapter 15

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Wriothesley then put a hand on Neuvillette's shoulder, as he was glad that Neuvillette was treating him so casually while at work.
"You're right, love. Thank you for saying that, it means a lot to me. Well, let's just get to the point, shall we?"
Wriothesley took a deep breath, before speaking once more.
"Have you heard of the prisoners battle with Clorinde? Because, if you haven't, there's something important I want to talk to you about."

"Yes, I'm even responsible for that. Why? Would you like to go to battle with her to get out of prison?"
Neuvillette asked, looking at him, his voice serious.
This did not surprise him, as he knew that Wriothesley would not give up trying to regain his position as the Lord of the Fortress of Meropide.

"Yes, that is exactly what I was going to propose to you. You're very good at reading my mind, aren't you, my love~?"
Wriothesley said the last sentence in a slightly flirty tone, while showing a big smile on his face.
"Anyway, I already proposed this idea to Clorinde, and she has already agreed to help. Now I just need you to agree to it as well."

Neuvillette sighed.
"Okay, do you want it now? If so, go to the arena and I'll call Clorinde. Just be careful, if you lose, you will be sentenced to death."
He said, his voice serious.
Inside he was afraid that something bad might happen to Wriothesley, but something in him also felt that Wriothesley might have planned to pretend to beat Clorinde.

Wriothesley then nodded his head again, as he was glad that Neuvillette agreed to his plan and trusted him enough to fight with Clorinde to reduce his prison sentence. He then got up from his seat, and started to walk to the door before turning back to look at Neuvillette.
"Thank you, my love. And don't worry, I'll do whatever I can to not lose against Clorinde."
Wriothesley said with a confident smile on his face, before leaving Neuvillette's office.

Neuvillette saw him leaving.
"He's a bad guy..."
He thought, blushing as he thought of Wriothesley.
"And I love him..."
He thought.

Then, Neuvillette called Clorinde explaining the situation to her, and she agreed.
She was already waiting for Wriothesley in the arena.

Wriothesley was heading to the battle arena, Clorinde was there waiting. Before Neuvillette could arrive, Clorinde spoke.
"Let me guess, you want to pretend to beat me to get out of prison and want me to agree to this plan?"
She spoke, thinking Wriothesley would say something like that.

Wriothesley was surprised to hear Clorinde's guess, but he still managed to maintain his calm demeanor.
"Well, you're not wrong, Clorinde. That's exactly right. What do you say about that? Will you agree to help me? I'll even do you a favor in return for your help."
Wriothesley said with a smug look on his face, as he was waiting to hear Clorinde's answer.

Clorinde sighed.
"Of course, I've had enough of you making plans to get out of Meropide so I want to put an end to this once and for all."
She said, and just in time Neuvillette entered, to assess the state of the fight.

Neuvillette had paper and a pen in his hand, it seems that pretending that Wriothesley beat Clorinde in battle wouldn't be very easy.

Clorinde remained silent, as she did not want Neuvillette to know about the plan.
"Begin the battle, Wriothesley. I have a date with the girl I like."
She said, in a fighting stance.

Wriothesley then gave a smug smile, as he was ready to fight Clorinde for that prison sentence reduction.
"Alright, here I go, Clorinde."
Wriothesley then got into a fighting stance as well, before dashing towards Clorinde. He then quickly attacked her, but intentionally missed her on purpose, to make it look like he really missed his strike.
"That's it, I missed! I already lost!"
He said in an exaggerated and sarcastic tone.

Clorinde tried to attack back, but Wriothesley attacked her. It was an intense fight, but Clorinde allowed herself to be attacked by Wriothesley so he could win the battle.

Wriothesley won, and it was clearly cheating, since he planned it with Clorinde, he hoped Neuvillette didn't know it was planned.

Wriothesley was feeling slightly worried about Neuvillette finding out his secret plans with Clorinde, but he was also relieved that he won the battle with Clorinde. He then turned towards Neuvillette, and gave him a smug look on his face.
"I won, Neuvillette. I beat Clorinde, and I'm ready to be released. What do you say to that, Chief Justice?"
It was a bit of a cocky thing to say, but Wriothesley was simply too confident in himself....