♣️♣️♣️♣️

Pulling up to the scene, Boden's voice comes over the radio, "Got a report about three kids in the 2nd floor apartment. Looks like the parents are likely with them."

The trio watch as Matt and Kelly quickly assign their units before they all head into the building. Nicole moves next to Boden as Shay and Gabby prep oxygen and other needed supplies.

"I got one!" Matt says over the radio, "I got a kid. Need backup in the living room at the West end of the hall, now."

"Shay, Dawson, prep oxygen and blankets. 61 to Main," Nicole reaches for her radio.

"Go ahead 61," Ramsey's voice comes on.

"I'm gonna need 4 additional ambulances to my location. Severe smoke inhalation, burns and and loss of consciousness," Nicole states as they start moving out.

A bunch of the guys from Squad and Truck carry out the father, who is badly burned. Gabby is left with the kids and mom to check them over while Shay and Nicole move to the father.

"He hasn't moved," They are told.

Nicole checks, "I can't get a pulse. Let's put him on the monitor."

The two work quickly, Gabby joining them as the other rigs pull up to take the kids and the mom.

"All right," Shay nods.

The machine beeps before flatlining. Nicole looks to Boden , shaking her head, "He's asystole. I'm sorry guys."

Matt quickly comes up, doing compressions after taking off his gloves, "Matt-" Nicole tries to stop him.

"Let him try, Nic," Kelly stops her.

Nicole nods, allowing him to for a minute before grabbing his hands to stop, "We have to call it. Anyone disagree?" She looks around to the others, none of who argue, "I'm calling it."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

The Paramedic Trio arrive back at the firehouse after everyone else. Nicole sees Matt sitting in the common room with everyone else, holding Ember. The toddler must sense how much her dad needed a hug because she's lying on his chest with her head buried in his neck but angled so she can still watch her Uncle Kelly making funny faces at her.

"Hey, I think I'm gonna call Christie and tell her that Ember's gonna be here the whole shift. I mean, we've already got a pack and play under your bunk for emergencies. And I'm not ready for her to leave after what we just saw," Nicole tells Matt, sitting on his other side after giving Ember a kiss on the top of her head.

Matt gives her a sheepish smile, "I may have already done that."

Nicole smiles, rolling her eyes, "Should've known. Kel, do you mind grabbing her diaper bag? It has her food."

Kelly gets up, "Can I feed her? Some more Uncle Kelly/Ember bonding time?"

"Hey, hey," Shay holds her hands up, "I believe it's time for Aunt Shay/Ember bonding time," She grabs the diaper bag from Kelly.

"I think she likes Uncle Joe more," Cruz smiles at Ember, earning a giggle.

Matt scoffs, "Please, we all know that she likes me more than all of you. The only one that could probably beat me is Nicole."

Nicole rolls her eyes, kissing Matt's cheek, "Way to suck up. You guys can figure out who feeds her, but we've gotta clean out the rig and do inventory."

"But mom," Gabby and Shay whine jokingly as the three start heading out to the garage.

"No, but mom's, you wanna work on Ambulance 61, you gotta clean Ambulance 61."