leehan - meal

1117 words

-

you groaned as you felt someone was wrapping their arms around your waist.

wait, but i live alone

you immediately turned around and was taken aback when you saw your boyfriend, leehan was lying next to you. "since when did you come?" you mumbled, brushing away the hair strands that was getting away from his face. you sighed, softly caressing his cheeks with your fingers, "i missed you."

"i missed you too," leehan murmured, pulling you closer to himself. he looked at you with a soft smile, "i came by during midnight, sorry if i scared you." you placed a kiss on his lips, "it's alright, i was just shocked when i felt someone hugging me," you said, chuckling afterwards which made him chuckled as well.

"what do you wanna eat for breakfast? i'll cook," you said, cupping his cheeks. "anything," he answered. "fine, you stay here and sleep more okay? i'll wake you up after i finish cooking," you said before getting out from his arms.

after you had done your morning routine, you walked to the kitchen, opening the refrigerator, trying to figure out what you're going to cook for breakfast. you had decided to make fried rice and soup with egg rolls on the side.

you could say that your love language was cooking for your partner, you loved to feed leehan whenever you could plus you love cooking too, it's a win-win situation. knowing that he preferred eating gummies than a proper meal just scared you, like what did you mean that he preferred gummies more than rice?

since the dishes you're making were simple, it didn't took you long to make it. you just need to make the egg rolls and you're good to go. as you were whisking the egg with the veggies, leehan who had woken up walked towards you and stood next to you. you looked at him and said, "i told you to sleep more," he shook his head, "it's okay, i had enough sleep."

he watched you as you were poring the egg liquid into the pan, "what's for breakfast?" he asked. "ham fried rice, egg rolls and kimchi soup," you answered, opening the lid of the soup and showed him. "it looked good," he said, smiling at you.

"can you go and set up the table? i'm nearly done with the egg rolls," you asked which he nodded and went to take the utensils out. after you had done making the egg rolls, both you and leehan placed the dishes on the table.

"thank you for the me-"

"wait!"

leehan cut you off as he got up from his seat and went to the kitchen. you looked at him in confusion and waited for him to get back. he then got back with a ketchup bottle in his hand, "you said that you like your egg rolls with ketchup," he said before squeezing the ketchup on the side of the plate. "that's sweet of you," you smiled, seeing him squeezing the ketchup in a smiley face.

"thank you for the meal."

you watched as he took a bite of the fried rice, waiting for his reaction. he looked up and saw you already staring at him, he chuckled, saying, "your food is always good, don't worry, eat your food instead of staring at me." "just wanna know if you like it or not," you shrugged, taking a bite of the fried rice.

"i always love your food, cutie," he said before pinching your cheek. "hey, no pinching while eating, sir," you slightly glared him, which he didn't found threatening at all instead he only found you cute.

he love teasing you just to see your non-threatening warning. you're nothing but adorable in his eyes, your pouty lips when you're mad, your puffed up cheeks when you're annoyed by something and so on. he love every single detail of you, he just want to keep you in his pocket.

"why are you looking at me like-"

"like i'm deeply in love with you?"

oh well, you didn't expect that answer at all. getting butterflies in your stomach in a random morning was not something you expected at all.

"your ears are red, cutie."

"shut up."

-

"you're eating gummies again?" you sighed after seeing him enjoying his gummies on the couch. you lifted up his arm and snuggled up to him, he smiled at your action and hugged you, leaving a peck on forehead as well.

"your love for gummies scares me sometimes," you said. "i can't helped it, gummies are delicious," he shrugged before shoving another of gummy into his mouth.

you turned your head to him, looking straight into his eyes, "tell me, did you ever skipped your meal for gummies?" your question made him stopped his movements, he avoided your eyes, feeling guilty even before answering your question. he cleared his throat while rubbing his neck, mumbling, "just a few times, i guess."

you slightly punched him on the chest because of his answer, "tsk, i knew it, that's what you get from skipping your meal over gummies, sir," letting out a sigh, "how may times do i need to tell you that you need to eat your proper meal rather than your gummies," you nagged, "you do know i don't like it when you skipped your meal right?"

he felt bad for letting you worried about him. he put aside his gummies and looked at you, "sorry for making you worry about me, i promise i won't skipped my meal for gummies again, hmm?" leaving a kiss on your lips afterwards. "come on, look at me, cutie."

you sat straight up and mumbled, "i can make lunchbox for you if you want to, i don't mind." your answer warmed his heart, "aww, i would love to," he said while pinching your cheek.

"look at me," he said, caressing your hand. you looked at him and waited him to speak, you tilted your head in confusion as you didn't get any answer from him.

"what?"

"i love you."

you chuckled at his answer, thinking it's funny that he paused for a minute just to say that three words to you. "i love you too," you smiled at him. "but for real though, i really love you, thank you for taking care of me," he said, squishing your cheeks with his hand.

"okay, okay, stop squishing my precious cheeks," you said, getting off his hand from your cheeks. "sorry, i just love your cheeks," he shrugged before kissing your cheeks.

"oh, do the boys want my lunchbox? i can make some for them."

"nope, i'm the only one who can taste my cutie's food."

-

please don't skip your meal <3

votes are always appreciated :)

🎵 regret of the times by aespa