God! All of three of them were behaving like toddlers. I smacked their heads as I passed by them and shook mine. They glared at me momentarily and then returned back to complaining.

Soon, everyone gathered near the temple next to which a special pandal was made for Lord Ganesh's idol. We were all dressed in a traditional attire and looked every bit of the royals we were. Right now, the pooja will be done only by the family members and the event will be held in the evening.

Pandit ji began the aarti and all of us took turns starting with the oldest family members. I closed my eyes and drowned in the feeling. There was something mystical about the aarti as if it radiated peace, calm, optimism and hope. It comes with a soothing reassuring that everything will happen smoothly. Before embarking on any new venture of starting any task, we pray to him to clear our path of all obstacles and hurdles and if any still remain, then bless us with the courage, energy and patience to deal with them wisely which is why he is called, 'Vighnaharta' or the obstacle-clearer.

I don't what awaits me in the future but something within me told me that there was something very special, both good and bad. Something sweet and sinister. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt someone tapping my shoulder. My chachi stood in front of me with the thaal in her hand. She indicated me to take blessings and then have the prasad. I graciously accepted my favorite sweet and made my way outside the haveli.

Every year, we have food grains, clothes and sweets distributed to the people on such an auspicious occasion and open the doors of the place to anyone who wishes to pray. Though, we don't allow them to enter as we too are bound by a few security protocols but the idol is visible. We also distribute a blankets, mufflers and gloves since winter is approaching in a few months and it's gets very chilly.

My family stands by me and all of us begin to greet and give the public. It's a huge reality check when you see people yearning for basic necessities in comparison to our lavish lifestyle which. I only hope that as king, I can bring prosperity to my kingdom and do my little part in eliminating poverty.

We made our way back in when we were done and everyone settled on the couches. It was a slow day as we had no meetings scheduled and our laptops were taken away which meant we had no other option but to rest. But my mind was anything but at rest. I was eagerly waiting for the evening. Will she come?

The first entire Singhania family was all set to attend today's event at the Royal Palace

The first entire Singhania family was all set to attend today's event at the Royal Palace. They may belong to the elite class of Udaipur but encounters with Royal family were not an everyday occurrence for obvious reasons. The wealth of that family went way beyond monetary sums.

Navya was getting ready in a room. Her sister convinced her to join them.
"It wasn't everyday that you get to visit an actual palace and meet the members." She'd said

She reluctantly agreed but was regretting her decision.

Sometimes, it's not necessary that something legitimate needs to happen for a person to develop felling or at least hope for something to happen. Some incidents are just so special a that they instill a hope within you. And it does hurt when your fantasy crumbles to the ground, no matter how momentary it was. Something we call delulu.