"Well...they needed a special princess and none of the other girls here could be her. That's why they invited you here." She looked down at me sympathetically. "I didn't want them to invite anyone from your house though, they tend to play too rough. But they didn't listen to their mother so now they have to learn the hard way."

The back of my brain roared at her comment.

"But, I want to go home! With my mommy! Tell them I can't play!"

She tsked at my demand and shook her head again in sadness. "I'm sorry child, but I cannot send you home."

She stopped at our destination in the long grasses. Turning, she bent down to lift me up from under my arms before spinning me around effortlessly.

"But I promise you are a very pretty princess who will have many princes to chose from. You will even met the knight soon. Just remember that you are a special princess child."

She smiled brightly against the ever changing environment she had me in before she suddenly stopped and placed me down. But instead of a solid surface my feet began to sink into the ground and soon after I found myself in the dark.

A cold sweat washed over me as I sat up startled. My hands trembled while tears fell from my face. I coughed and choked on whatever spit was in the back of my throat while someone nearby shuffled close to me in the dark.

"Avery!? Are you okay?"

Brynn wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into her chest. Her hands made quick work to soothe me as they rubbed my head and back while I fought her actions slightly. Though I soon learned that despite having such small and round hands her grip was a tight iron grip.

"Shh pup. It's okay, Brynn's here. It was just a bad dream, nothing is going to hurt you."

Thick tears escaped me as the woman cradled me in her arms. But part of me froze as I thought of it the events of the early morning. The stench of iron staining my nose while a pale face haunted my memory. The sounds of crunching bones under forced weight and pulling pressure while a man with a cool gaze looked indifferently down at his mauling. I shook my head to rid the invasion of Cadavers face in the fire light and his predator-like gaze.

I returned the comforting hug cautiously as I carefully sank into the woman's warm motherly embrace. It was weird to wake up with strangers again, especially with a women who is determined to treat me like a daughter. Unconsciously my grip tightened as the first couple of tears escaped me. Maybe it's because they saved me and I had no one else to rely on but those wolves mean everything to me, almost as much as my sisters do. Consciously I focused on the feeling of the salamanders stone I had with me. They will come back for me as long as I have it, but it doesn't get rid of the fact I have to stay here until then.

My stomach tightened at the thought.

"T-Thank you Brynn." I stuttered after calming myself down from the nightmare. I could feel her smile against the bare skin of my arm while I subconsciously cringed.

"You're welcome Avery."

Clicking of stone sounded off in the room before light flooded the space. My eyes squinted at the suddenness of the change in lightening before having to blink to readjust. Cliff whom was crouched over the flame looked over at the two of us while readjusting his skirt.

"Cliff, can you get some water for her? It's in the basen that Moss left behind."

The male nodded while leaving to carry out the task his mate has given while Brynn continued to smooth out my hair.

"Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to make you sleep...." She muttered aloud. Her small hands pressed against my back in comfort as her tone became lighter. "I know, why don't we decorate the chamber now? I'll have my pups bring in some pretty flowers and hang up the furs we have."