𝐂𝐡. 𝟑𝟎 | 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥

Start from the beginning

"Why couldn't you choose me?" Chase painfully spoke.

My heart froze this time and my eyes expanded at his words. I couldn't bear to look back at him. Those words had set me on fire. Or should I say fuelled the already restless fire that I had been feeling from his romantic gestures and words?

I feel the grip drop off my wrist. He had finally passed out. I left the room with the chaos that was ruining my mood. I was feeling so annoyed that I could nearly break something.

"I'm back with the drinks," Luka spoke entering into the living.

"I'm not feeling it anymore," I muttered which made him concerned.

"Is everything okay, Liya?" he asked coming forwards.

"I'm just a bit tired. Chase popped in drunk so I got him to the guest room," I let him know.

"Did he say something stupid?" Luka asked trying to get why there was such a drastic shift in my mood.

He didn't say anything stupid. Rather those words wouldn't stop echoing in my head. Choose him? Did he mean to choose him over Luka? The thought of choosing between them was easy until this moment.

I was fighting myself to choose between them because I could not have both of them. Have both of them? Why would I even want Chase? I throw my head to the side and get into deep thought again. Luka took me into his arms and hugged me so warmly.

At that moment, fear filled into me. I didn't want to lose the only good thing in my life. Luka. I loved him so much, even if he didn't reciprocate these feelings or just looked at me as his best friend. Or someone he had saved.

"No, I just need to sleep," I lied looking up to him once he had freed me.

"Alright then. Get a good night's sleep because you have a busy day tomorrow," he smiled.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you," the beautiful sound of Luka's voice along with the strings of his guitar playing reaches my ears as I wake up.

"Happy birthday dear Liya, Happy birthday to you," he sang taking a seat beside me whilst I rubbed my eyes and got up against the headboard.

He dramatically finishes his little singing tune off with a few guitar notes, perfectly fit.

"Thank you," I squealed with a sleepy smile.

"I am one lucky girl if I'm getting Luka Kelp singing me happy birthday," I laughed.

He came in to hug me and I hugged him back.

"You're getting old. You're growing old. But you're doing both beautifully," he adored the spark on my face, making me blush.

"Of course I am," I proudly responded, over-confident about my beauty even though I wasn't.

"Now, come on. Get fresh. I have cooked your favourite breakfast for you," he told giving me space to get off.

"Oh, I love this treatment. I wish my birthday was every day," I stretched my arms.

"At your service your majesty. If you want this service every day, every second of your life, I will gladly do it," Luka beautifully expressed locking eyes with me.

"I'll think about it," I blinked turning away from him.

I smiled brightly away from him because I knew that right now if I had agreed to what he had said he would unhesitantly and effortlessly abide by what he said. I had dressed myself and when I walked downstairs, a huge bouquet of red and white roses sat on the table with a little box near it.

"Wow. White roses," I smiled feeling one.

"Who got these?" Luka questioned walking in behind me.

"Didn't you get these?" I asked scrunching my adoration for these.

He nodded no and then the doorbell rang. I opened the card and it said, 'Happy Birthday, my sweet Strawberry'.

Chase. Chase got me these... Of course.

Luka knows I like red roses. Only Chase would know I love white flowers because of the reaction I gave to his bouquet during the housewarming lunch.

I open the gift box beside it and there's a necklace. A crystal one. Red, shiny and authentic in the shape of a strawberry. This looked so luxurious and I bet it was.

"Here are my roses," Luka interrupts bringing in a bouquet of red only roses.

I take them in my hands and thank him, even though I want to get back at the necklace.

"I think Ellah sent this," I lied watching Luka hold the necklace in his hands.

"It looks pretty expensive," he commented, studying it.

"I love the flowers," I say trying to change the topic.

He places the necklace back into the box and gets his attention back to me. And at that moment Chase walks towards us. My heart starts thumping against my chest nervously, remembering his words. I could nearly blank out right now.

"What are we celebrating?" he asks as if he doesn't know.

"It's Liya's birthday," Luka told taking me into his arms.

"Oh, Happy Birthday, Strawberry," he wished with a smirky smile.

"Strawberry?" Luka repeats hearing this stupid nickname he has for me for the first time.

"Stupid, right?" I spoke mocking it.

"Pft. Weird," Luka agreed which makes Chase frown.

He walks over into the kitchen side after telling us to get to the table for breakfast. I place the bouquet down and turn my back to him when Chase grabs my arm again like last night.

"Did you like the necklace?" he questioned to which I slid my wrist out of his hand.

"You love strawberries, don't you?" he further smiled but I didn't respond.

I kept silent and started walking away from him. This needs to end here. For good.

Don't forget to vote 🥀