第三章

· · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · ·

Wei WuHui, without hesitation, pushed Madam Mo away as they dodged out of the ghoul's brutal hands. The walking corpse's bones can be heard cracking unnaturally as it's body bend and twist. However, an aura of dark energy circulated around its left arm.

Its lifeless, yet fierce eyes glared over to Wei WuHui and Mo XuanYu as she simply returned its gaze with a cheeky smile while Mo XuanYu shuddered fearfully.

As the walking corpse lunged for the pair once again, the latters ducked under its talons with fearful squeals and the woman leapt over the ghoul while Mo XuanYu ran around.

"Help us! Help! Help us, help us!" Wei WuHui exclaimed as she ran behind a stoned sculpture in the garden. Lightly panting, Wei WuHui glanced over to the multiple holes in the structure, hoping to catch a glimpse of the walking corpse.

 Lightly panting, Wei WuHui glanced over to the multiple holes in the structure, hoping to catch a glimpse of the walking corpse

Then on cue, the walking corpse popped up and reached its arm into one of the holes, in an attempt to grab the woman.

Wei WuHui backed away in time and held her right hand behind her back as her index and middle fingers glowed red while the ghoul jumped over the sculpture and came down onto the woman, aiming its claw at her.

Wei WuHui chuckled. "Good timing." And after she said that, a blade quickly came in and intercept the zombie's claw before getting stuck in the wall.

Lan Sizhui gracefully floated in the air as he used his sword as an extra boost before he and the corpse began to fight fiercely.

Lan LingShu then intercepted into the fight and skilfully stuck a talisman onto the corpse's forehead, immediately halting its movements.

"That was close..." Lan JingYi said as he joined the pair.

Suddenly, the ghoul began to frail around as strange black vapour began to come out of its mouth.

"What?!" Lan JingYi proclaimed as he and his companions watched in shock as the smoke fully left the corpse, causing its body to fall to the ground, lifelessly.