chapter ten: dear abuela

Começar do início

"I just hope you know that I appreciated everything you ever did for me. Though I'm kind of mad at you. The last time we spoke, you said we'd see each other again. An unkept promise, something that I feel I keep giving myself. And as much as I don't say it cause I don't really believe in it, I love you. I love you, abuela. Para siempre." (Forever)

She still had tears remaining on her face. Wiping her hands on her pants in stress before kissing her hand and then touching the "gravestone," then picking out a white daisy, placing it in front.

A sudden shift in temperature, sunny Hawkins, turned gloomy. "What the hell?"

Looking up, there were multiple rain clouds. A chime of a clock, then a voice. "Ay, Nieta. Why do you doubt yourself?" (Granddaughter)

Turning around, she faced the woman she thought she'd never see again. "How?"

Her grandma started to take steps towards her. A small smile on her face. "Corre." (Run)

"What?" Valentina didn't know if heard correctly.

"Oh Valentina, you really should listen to your grandma more often," a deep voice hid in the shadows.

"You."

"Yes, Me. Your time has come," the figure started to hold up its hand.

Marco Alma had gotten up to get a new comic, looking out the window, stood his sister. A look of confusion and curiosity on his face.

"Valentina?" He whispered.

Walking out the back door, going to tap her on the shoulder. "Hey, I thought you were sleeping over your new friend's house?"

A few seconds passed and Valentina still didn't move. "Okay, by now I thought you would've responded, apparently not. No, but seriously, what are you doing here?"

Again, no answer. Marco moved to be in front of her, he was met with her eyes rolled back. "What the fuc-? Don't mess with me like this."

Still no answer. Clapping his hands, attempting to grave her attention. "Hey! Wake up! You need to wake up!"

A clap of thunder mixed with fog, not so good of a combination. Valentina was running, running, like her life depended on it.

"You can't hide from me."

A shaky breath, tired body, looking at the bundle of red clouds. Knowing that it'd be the wrong direction, she went for it anyway.

A look of awe on her face, as she saw a staircase, a floating clock, and vines, slithering vines. All of a sudden, Vecna appeared before her. Tilting his head in a taunting way. "What're you doing here, Valentina?"

Trying to back up, hitting a tree. "Please don't do this."

Marco was still clueless about getting his sister out of the trance she was in. "Valentina!"

At last, Steve heard the yell for her. Running to the back, with the others following. "What's going on?"

Leaning to the side to spot Steve, Marco was relieved. "Steve, thank god. She's been like this for at least two, maybe three minutes."