08. Bullying is okay

╔═.✵.══════════╗

╚══════════

╚══════════.✵.═╝

Gatherings were stressful - everyone knew that. If you were the host, you had to entertain your guests, provide the food and somehow protect your possessions at the same time. If you were a guest, you had to be on your best behavior, least you'll ruin the mood, your own reputation, and risk getting kicked out.

A gathering with someone that has power over you is even more stressful. If you're the host, everything must be perfect - you wouldn't want upsetting them, after all. And if you're the guest, you're under the pressure of not letting out a single complaint to not offend the host, no matter what.

However, what is truly stressful, is a gathering with someone with power to have you executed on the spot, and their family.

[y/n] knew Kagaya was kind and forgiving. She would always dream about meeting someone like that, though she was worried about unintentionally claiming that person as a parent figure. However, things were different now - now, she had to also take into account his hatred for Kibutsuji Muzan more seriously. After all, if she plays her cards wrong, she might end up offending him... And even if he or his family wouldn't get mad, the rest of the Corps definetly would.

Right, his family... The poor girl kept stressing about meeting the other three kids. So far, she only saw one of the girls up close and exchanged a few simple pleasantries with Kiriya. She could only hope the remaining three girls won't be very judgemental - after all, they had the minds of adults already. They certainly were capable of seeing someone in a certain (read; negative) way without expressing it.

Either way, the point was clear - [y/n] was absolutely dreadful of the dinner, mumbling to herself in her room nervously. She was gripping her beanie, playing with the lose strings to soothe herself as Furidamu sat besides her, staring at her.

"Why are you nervous?" he asked, titling his head. She gripped the beanie with her fingers, not looking at him.

"Why shouldn't I be? I don't know where the dinner starts, I'm still in the sweaty clothes I wore during training AND I'm literally about to talk with the most important family in the Corps!" she finished with a nervous laughter. "I'm so screwed..."

"You'll be fine." he assured. "Even if they'll get very mad, you're still useful to the Corps. You're the first person in centuries to fight with Kibutsuji Muzan and make it out alive. You pretty much have an immunity to being executed, at least until he's dead."

...That was strangely reassuring. Concerning, but somewhat reassuring.

"I sure hope you're not implying they'll get rid of me once I'm useless." she chuckled, poking his head. He replied by catching her finger with his beak, making her retreat with an 'oh'.