04. Ground of hope

╔═.✵.══════════╗

╚══════════

╚══════════.✵.═╝

Amane had a slightly confused expression on her face, while her husband was patiently and calmly watching [y/n] laugh. Her laughter was filling the room, as she completely ignored the awkward tension that appeared. Finally, one of her arms let go of her stomach, going to her face and wipping a tear from her eye.

"I'm-I'm so sorry-" she duked out, wheezing for air. Her cheeks were slightly red and her face still held a huge, genuine grin. "I-It's just, you didn't really thought I was even close to killing him, right? I can still use only seven out of eight breathing forms I use! I just attacked him so he'll run away and won't kill the villagers of Biei in anger! Like I said, he has just two known weaknesses, and sure as hel- Heck, none of them is a kid with a worn down sword!"

She continued to chuckle, stiffing in the wheezes, while Kagaya mentioned to his daughter to ask a kakushi to make some tea. She finally managed to calm down, apologizing yet again for her rudeness.

"Don't worry about it." Kagaya smiled lightly, clearly finding her boldness entertaining. "Now, I want to confirm. Before, you said that you wish to become a demon slayer and already have a Breathing Style, correct?"

"Yes." she replied, wearing a smile by herself. "I don't know when is the Final Selection ,though."

"The Final Selection will take within a month. However, you are not going to attend it." [y/n] sighed, feeling defeated. So, even though she had a Breathing Style, gave them important informations and overpowered Kibutsuji, at least for a few seconds, she was still going to be made to steal nichirin swords and deal with the demons while escaping the Corps? Now that was pathetic.

"After all, why would a Kinoto need to attend the Final Selection?" that made her raise her head, surprise gleaming in her usually empty eyes. The couple was smiling softly, as the kakushi knocked on the door softly and placed the tea on the table. As she left, Kagaya continued.

"You overpowered Kibutsuji, even if you knew you weren't able to defeat him. Not giving you a proper rank, yet alone not letting you join the Corps would be quite foolish of me, wouldn't it?" he chuckled, before continuing. "You have an increadible potential. You would be at least a Kinoe in normal circumstances, but since you're not a demon slayer and I don't know how many demons you have slayed, Kinoto is the highest I can give you."

"Kinoto is too much." she argued. "With all due respect, I should attend the Final Selection and become a Mizunoto, just like everyone else."

"If that happened, it would be impossible for you to train with the Hashira." that completly took her aback. Amane smiled wider, enjoying that now the seemingly younger girl was surprised, not the opposite way. "You said you mastered only seven out of eight forms, correct? If I can ask, what Breathing Style do you use? I do not recall one with eight forms."