What Lies Ahead?

Chapter 17

"A-are those Pokemon?" stuttered Latias.

Ash and the gang had found themselves in a large corridor. What was really horrifying were the glass cases of Pokemon lining the walls. Each was filled with some purple liquid and had clear tubes hooked up to each of the Pokemon. The Pokemon, however, did not look like normal Pokemon. Their eyes were vacant and lifeless, as if their soul had been sucked out of them, and their bodies emitted pure evil.

Ash gulped. "Man, I wish we could do something about this,"

"Oh we will," said Pikachu, "I'm gonna blast whoever's behind this into the exosphere."

"Hmm," said Latios, "I know we can just sneak around invisible, but what about Pikachu?"

Ash glanced nervously at Pikachu. "Um..."

"How about we use some of those clothes as a disguise?" asked Pikachu.

"What clothes?" asked Ash.

Pikachu pointed to what looked like a dressing room. Inside was a closet with several pairs of uniforms hanging on a rack.

A few minutes later, which involved Ash trying to find a uniform that fit over his clothes, (that and actually putting it on) Ash looked like any other Team Void grunt. Only he had a certain electric mouse on his shoulder. Latios and Latias remained invisible and Ash began to walk through the strange-looking hallway.

"Halt! Who are you and why are you walking by yourself?"

Ash's eyes darted to the side as a man who looked like one of the commanders walked out of an adjacent hallway.

"Uh, I'm Ashius, and my team left me," replied Ash, quickly thinking up a name. Then remembering something he hastily added "Sir,"

"And why did your team leave you?"

"They, uh, were sent for by commander Crypto," replied Ash.

"Crypto, eh?" mused the man, "That idiot doesn't need any more help, he just needs an actual brain." he turned back to Ash, "Well, Ashius, get on your way, but don't go wandering around anymore,"

Ash nodded.

"Good. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some very important business to attend to," the man walked away down another hallway.

Ash sighed in relief.

"Ashius? Seriously?" chuckled Latios telepathically.

"Hey! It's the best I could think of," retorted Ash.

"Hey Ash," said Pikachu, "I think we should follow that guy,"

"Why?" asked Ash, "He might get suspicious if he notices us following him,"

"Didn't he say he had important business to attend to?" asked Latias, "It might be helpful to us,"

"Alright," said Ash, "let's get going,"

Outside Team Void's Base...

"Is it just me or did the twerp just disappear into that mountain?"

"That's no mountain, James! That's obviously the hideout of those Team Void freaks!"

"Well, how are we supposed to get in?" asked James.

"I think da twerp knocked out some of those Team Void guys before he went in," said Meowth, "we can use their outfits to disguise ourselves and get in!"