"Take it as you will I guess," I sighed as I let go of the breath I was holding. "I am too tired to argue.." I could feel my fear cool whatever heat I had left in me as I limped to the pile of furs and curled into the blanket softly. Liam only turned away as it was his turn to disappear to the midnight world outside the cave.

...

"So could you tell me more about the culture of bird beastmen?" Milori inquired as he was helping Liam clean the tanning skins and applying more of the pink soup onto it.

The sky was light blue was as a warmer breeze flowed though the air.
"Uh...well...not really..." I started to get ancy and pick away the hang nails. "I don't know much myself....B-But I could tell you about all those other invention things." I perked up in memory of how excited he seemed about learning about what I know. Milori's eyes soften at my eagerness as his form came closer to mine and gently patted my head.

"That would be nice...but would you like to learn about what I know?" Milori watched as I nodded my head.

'yes I would very much like to learn how to not die.'

He smiled as he seen the glow in my eyes. I won't lie and say I don't want to learn about their culture, or they how they use plants...or how they made anything. I do know how they are tanning the skins after watching them for so long and let's just say that pink soup was of animal brains and eggs. With it the stretched skin dries but retains it's elasticity and won't rot. They also constantly scrape at it and clean the skin.

"I don't know what to ask specifically if I'm honest. There a lot I want to ask." I chuckled.

"Well, would you like to learn more about the kingdoms? It seems like you don't know much about them." Milori started to walk away to bring me some of the jerky Corwin had made as he sat me down and taught me of their world.

"There are six kingdoms; mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish, arthropods, and birds. You are a bird beastmen while I am a mammal beastmen, specifically a wolf. Birds and fish are very self isolating and not much is known about them outside of that, so I'm sorry if I could have told you anything about yourself. But what you should really know is there are really dangerous kingdoms that you should be weary of as a female; the reptiles and arthropods. They are very violent and kill females they kidnap after forcing them to give birth to young. They are not to be trusted." Milori gave me a stern look as he shook his finger at me like a parent scolding a child. I gulped down my meal as a shiver went down my spine.

"W-What!?"

"They tend to pick off females that are traveling. I'm just telling you that so you know not to wander off by yourself." I shot a glance in Liam's direction while he was set on ignoring me. Though I wish Liam would care more about me possibly dieing. Maybe he was waiting for me to get kidnapped. That sounds like a thing he would do after knowing him for a day.

"I understand, I won't limp off on my own." I looked back at Milori whom seemed to sigh in relief.

"Good. But there are other things to know that I would like to tell you," Milori seemed to lighten up a bit and carry on with tending to the skins. "Because you are a female there will be many males interested in you. Because it seems you haven't been exposed to the outside of your own village it seems I will have to tell you about how those interactions will happen."

'Oh great it's like the birds and the bees talk but with no sex ed teacher going through cringe slideshows.'

"So males will tend to give you gifts if they think you are of age, which you look as though you are. They will give you these gifts to court you. If you take a gift it means you are allowing them to pursue you. So don't take things from them if you do not want for that." I arched a brow at Milori as I made a gesture to him.