'Oh come on, stop being weird! His like an adult! Would this be grooming in any way? Predator-like? No I'm the one right now with weird thoughts and it's not like they've done anything yet...'

Yet.

"How about these fruits?" Milori pointed to a tall tree with small hanging fruit high up on the branches. The beared a pear green hue from what I can see but had a strange flowing shape to them, almost similar to a quince.

"I've never seen this fruit before, do you know what it taste like?"

Milori though for a moment before answering. "I don't really eat fruits but I know lots of females find this one very tart, having a strong sour after taste. It's flesh is a pale yellow on the inside as well and can be used to make your hair softer."

Milori looked down at me with his eyes shine in excitement. I looked back at the sour fruit as I thought about the sinigang* I helped mom make the day before I ended up here.

"Are there any other sour fruits? I'd like to try them then."

Milori sat me down on the ground as he started to take off his skirt. Blush coated my face as I looked away while Milori started to climb. I didn't, well I did but chose not to, look up at Milori while he worked and tried to focus elsewhere. Looking in distant trees I spotted perched birds and scurrying squirrels. Everything seemed peaceful until I felt a chill run up my spine, like I was being watched. My attention was soon pulled away as a loud thud shook the ground. In his arms he held a couple of ripe fruits. He held up on of them, inspecting it again before a sharp black claw from his fingernail grew from his right hand. He held the fruit with his left and began slicing it.

'Oh...that's kinda disturbing. that...that's not natural. My brain. It looks like he just shoved a claw into his fingernail. Even the skin around it looks not...is that fur!?'

Milori handed me a slice of the fruit and I gave him a crooked smile. "thank you so much. You didn't have to do that for me."

"Nonsense it's my pleasure."

It was only after that we continued to walk, using my sweater as a basket to hold the fruit we collected. This time we stopped at a lemon looking fruit tree with orange looking citrus. "This one is also sour, but...it is really sour..."

"Can I try one?"

The answer was yes and the result was...amazing! We added a lot more fruits to the collection after that scathing review.

Walking along in the forest we also found eggs, a dozen to be exact. There was also found a few onions, cauliflower, a lemon, and a single potato, non-rotten potato that is. Carefully Milori walked back with our hall as I thought of ways to cook the eggs.

"Boiled? Scrambled? Overeasy? Fried? Wait we don't have rice!" All my plans for fried rice left me.

"What are you talking about?" Corwin sat down next to me as I washed the fruits and veggies in a wooden bowl.

"I'm thinking of ways to cook the eggs." I stated bluntly as Corwin stares at me with wide eyes.

"Don't you...feel bad though?" Corwin sat curiously as the situation got a bit weird.

"Uh, lots of birds eat eggs...do you like eggs?" I awkwardly tried to divert the heat away from me.

"I do...I just didn't know you're supposed to...cook them..." Corwin scratched his head awkwardly.

"..."

"..."

"So...how do you usually prepare meals?" I asked "Please tell me you use seasonings."