'Shit went to a hundred so fast-! Pl-please don't kill me!'

Avery pleaded in her head as she flinched away from the wolf.

"You are a bird beastmen. Maybe they didn't treat you as such but you are a person," Milori said firmly before softening his voice. He transformed into his beastmen form. His calloused hands went to pick up the confused and stressed out girl whom looked as though she was about to cry. "You are a female. A precious thing to the world. You aren't a monster. You are not a demon."

Milori's heart stung as he thought of his own life so far. How he was a freak to his own village. He thought about Corwin and how he suffered for being a runt of his litter and how Liam suffered due to his half-and-half birth.

'You are like Corwin, Liam, and I; an outcast it seems. But to us you would never be such a thing.'

Avery couldn't help but get teary eyed at his words while her heart palpitates in fear.

'That is both sweet and terrifying at the same time. I'm a monster, because I'm human? What the hell did humans do to get this rep?'

It was quiet, very quiet. The birds sat by anxiously while the drama unfolded. The trees held their breaths as though the slightest breeze would cause a war to break. Avery watched the two carefully as she thought about what she would say.

"Y-You mentioned traveling a lot Milori, have you ever met a human?" Avery carefully lifted her head higher and swallowed the fear in her throat.

"No I haven't, but they are still quite dangerous." Milori answered as he carefully held the girl in his arms, mindful of her swollen ankle.

"W-What do you think they are like? I mean look like?"

Milori was quiet for another moment as he walked through the forest with the girl in his arms while Corwin fallowed behind. He could feel her soft shaking breaths as her trembling tickled his skin. Her anxious eyes watched him as her hand held onto his forearm.

'She really doesn't know.' His thoughts sadly concluded as anger raged over the fact she was never entertained by the stories her village should have told.

"Humans are cold hearted creatures," Milori started. "More so than those of reptiles and fish beastmen. They are usually tall and thin, with blackened skin and glowing eyes. Claws are the only other feature they have; no horns, no wings, no tail, and only two legs and two eyes. Their fur is thick and covered in a tar like stench while moving through the forest. They are malicious to all that breathes on Gaia, especially beastmen like you and I."

Avery gulped again as her quivers became more noticable. "O-Oh...so are their any human 'villages' near by?"

Milori shook his head reassuringly. "No, none have been found in recent history. They are most likely in hiding. but rest assured if they are ever found, even if it's just one, then they will be killed." Milori rubbed soft circles on Avery's back while her breath caught itself.

"O-Oh...great...they sound...terrifying."

'Why of all places was I here? Was it because I wished to be somewhere else all those years ago? But things got better...he has got better...we all have gotten better...why now?

For once I was happy.

Now it was ruined.'

The fire crackled gingerly as the meat above dripped it's fats. The secluded area was hidden behind long flowing branches of willow that had started to develop buds. The sweet chard smell of food lingered in the air. A cave mouth cracked a smile on the side of a rocky mountains slope that suddenly began to blend with the earth fifteen feet before the fire. The sky cased shadows between bare branches as the forest lost interest on what they where observing. A young man sat near the cave mouth where animal skins were being tied to racks, tanning them till they where stiff.