When he heard Neuvillette's reply, Wriothesley froze for a moment. He could not believe that Neuvillette knew what he was planning on doing with him after dinner, as he was planning on asking Neuvillette to go to a hotel room or to Meropide. He wanted to have a one-night stand with Neuvillette, as he was attracted to him and this was the perfect time.
"What...? M-Mr. Neuvillette, I'm sure that it is not illegal to do so."

Neuvillette continued sobbing, he was a serious man and had control over himself, even in moments of alcohol.
"Well, I'm not really into having sex with someone as the same gender as I, so I'm sorry."
He still had a serious voice, even though he was drunk.

Wriothesley was speechless for a moment after hearing Neuvillette's answer. But, he soon started to speak again, his tone changing slightly.
"Oh... I see.... Well, do you like to have the opposite gender with you? Cause if so..."
He slowly got closer to Neuvillette, staring into his eyes with a flirty smile.

Neuvillette's expression remained serious, he didn't seem interested or impressed, his voice was serious too.
"I'm not really looking for a romantic relationship, but yes, I am attracted to women."

Even if Neuvillette's tone was serious, Wriothesley wasn't going to give up so easily.
"Really, Mr. Neuvillette? That sounds interesting..."
He then started to stare at Neuvillette's lips, while getting even closer to him. He knew he had to act fast if he wanted Neuvillette for tonight.

They were both drunk, so clearly they wouldn't remember this tomorrow, but even so, Neuvillette remained serious and spoke.
"Wriothesley, don't do anything like that."
He said, mentioning the fact that Wriothesley was almost kissing him.
"Really, I'm not into men, I'm not gay."

Wriothesley could not believe what he heard from Neuvillette. He thought that he would be able to convince Neuvillette, and have him for tonight. But, Neuvillette's words put a stop to his plans, as he knew that Neuvillette really wasn't interested in him. He then backed off slightly, and started to speak.
"Alright... I understand..."
That was definitely not what Wriothesley wanted to hear from Neuvillette tonight...

Neuvillette looked at him and nodded. His face was still serious but he was glad that Wriothesley understood.
"Thank you for understanding."

Wriothesley sighed, as he still couldn't believe what Neuvillette said. He was going to take this hard, but he had to play it cooler to Neuvillette. So, Wriothesley spoke again at a more calm tone this time.
"Of course, I understand the situation. But... just to clarify, you do have a girlfriend, Mr. Neuvillette? Or someone you like currently, maybe?"

"No. I'm not currently looking for a relationship."
Neuvillette said, and it was true, since he didn't have time for that because of his work as the Judge of Fontaine.

Wriothesley knew that Neuvillette was always busy with work, that was what he liked about him. He loved how Neuvillette's life was about his work and nothing else. In many ways, Neuvillette reminded Wriothesley of himself.
"I see... That's alright, Mr. Neuvillette. I understand where you're coming from."
He then thought to himself, what could he possibly do after dinner tonight with Neuvillette? He needed to think about that...

Neuvillette nodded in agreement. Then, he stood up and took a cigarette, ready to go outside.
"I'm gonna smoke outside the restaurant, okay?"
He said, his tone still serious.

Wriothesley couldn't deny the fact that he wanted to join Neuvillette outside. He wished he could continue to spend time with Neuvillette after dinner, even if nothing sexual could happen. He could relate to Neuvillette's work life style, and Wriothesley liked that about him... he wanted to stay here tonight.
"... May I join you, Mr. Neuvillette?"
He then stood up quickly, as Neuvillette wanted to go outside for a smoke.