2. dangerous

zion^

chapter two:
dangerous.

beatrice rarely ever drank. she didn't enjoy alcohol much but celeste continued pushing her into drinking more tequila shots. and she didn't stop herself because she hadn't been so carefree in a while.

though she knew that her dad wouldn't be too happy about it when she got home. at that point, however, she was far too drunk to worry about her dad's reaction.

zion was sitting by the bar, downing his third -or was it his fourth?- glass of scotch while typing away at his phone. probably texting someone from work.

zion helped his dad in his car company, Osborne Zelds. they were the leading brand for fastest and most economic cars that didn't require oil to function.

"I gotta go home, it's getting really late," beatrice finally conceded as she checked her watch, which zion has gifted her the year before.

"us too," gabor said as he held onto celeste, who looked like she could pass out at any time now, "come on baby"

"will you be okay?" cece asked beatrice, her words a little slurred due to the alcohol running wild in her system.

"yeah don't worry, i'll just get zion," she said as she looked back at zion, who gave her a small smile. after hugging and saying her goodbyes to her friends, beatrice walked towards her older boyfriend.

"I'll call your driver," he told her and dialed jeremiah's phone number. she figured zion would take her home and couldn't help feeling a bit disappointed. jeremiah was probably sleeping.

while zion talked on the phone, beatrice was pressed against his chest as she kissed his neck. zion gently pushed her away and shook his head.

beatrice huffed and crosses her arms, pretending that it didn't hurt.

she didn't understand why zion acted so cold towards her sometimes. maybe it was because she refused to have sex with him.

yes they have dated for a year but beatrice doesn't feel ready to lose her virginity, despite being 20 years old.

she still didn't know if she loved zion for real, and she didn't want to regret anything.

"he'll be here in ten," zion told her as he placed his iPhone back on his pocket and stood up. he laced his fingers with beatrice's and the couple walked outside.

the chilly air hit beatrice's exposed legs. she was only wearing a black dress that reached her thighs, which was a really bad idea since they were in winter.

but she refused to use jeans on a club like the one they were in right now.

"ms. deprior i apologize for the delay," jeremiah said as he got out of the car.

beatrice shook her head, giving him a hug. jeremiah had been Beatrice's driver since third grade and he was like her uncle.

he even spent Christmas with them and brought along his family.

"I'm sorry for waking you up," she apologized and thanked him as he opened the door for her. she went inside the range rover and closed her eyes, leaning her head against the window.

"see you later beatrice, I love you," zion said and beatrice just nodded. those words sounded so meaningless.

and that bothered beatrice, but once again she kept it to herself.

jeremiah hopped in the car and began driving back to her home.

beatrice was almost asleep when jeremiah kicked the brakes and the car came toca stop. she looked up and her mouth went dry when she noticed the man.