CHAPTER (10) Estella's blood

Start from the beginning

I didn't bother to say anything I just took my phone and put a call across someone.

" Get the private jet ready " I said and Lucy looked at me shocked.

" Where to madam " he asked.

" To the heart of the Nation. Edo" I said in my American ascent.

***

Lynda comes of the meeting room , surprised to see Lucy standing at the door.

" Madam....your... grand daughter is about to leave for Edo State...." Lucy said as Lynda cuts in.

" Let her go . I want to see what she can do,  to be sure that she is actually ESTELLA'S BLOOD"

" Isn't she Estella's blood? Are you not sure of that" Lucy asked confused.

" Oh she is " walks towards the elevator. " In terms of genetics  she is Estella's biological daughter but in in terms of intelligence and smartness am not that sure. "

Walks into  the elevator and continues talking. " You see if I am going to hand over everything to my granddaughter I need to be sure that she  atleast inherited 10% of her mother intelligence".

***
It took only thirty minutes on air , before we landed on the Airport in Edo State.

I was beyond determined to get to the bottom of it, so I did not announce my arrival to the Martins Cosmetics officials

" Oh can't you drive a bit faster" I said to agent big head.

" I can but I won't " he said without even sparing a glimpse of me.

Well he refused to not follow me , I would have preferred it if I went alone but knowing the circumstances I would rather go with atleast a skilled agent. Like agent white.... oh I actually got his name right this time.

*** MARTIN COSMETICS (CEO OFFICE)

" Young heiress you should have at least informed me you were on your way I would have made preparation In advance to welcome you" The CEO of Martin Cosmetics Mr John Efosa said.

" Am sorry about that but it was urgent " I said in polite tune. " But how did you know it was me " I asked.

" Your face says it all. You look exactly like THE BOSS QUEEN" Mr John Efosa said.

Just the same way I was Best known as THE YOUNG HEIRESS by mother was Best known as  THE BOSS QUEEN.

I smiled. " So I went online I looked into the latest feedbacks of our once most popularly product under the Martins Cosmetics Perfect love. And what I saw was not encouraging, do you mind telling me what went wrong. " I said with serious and piercing gaze

He looks away. " Nothing went wrong every company has its bad feedbacks. Even if the product 100% good there will still be some bad feedbacks. People are like that"

I smirked , this man thinks he is smart enough to fool me. " Oh really. If it was just the bad feedbacks I wouldn't be here " I crossed my legs and rest my back on the chair. " The huge amount of loss was devastating" I said.

" Hmmm you see you are still young and you just got into the business. So you don't too much about things...." He said as I cut in.

" Oh I Know enough to know that this company is dangling from a string. If am not mistaking it's almost bankrupt" I said looking directly at his eyes. " Not only has the quality of the product decreased, the price in market has increased. Now let me ask you a question would you buy a product that has low quality and high price?" I added pointing at him.

He remained silent. He seems to be nervous.

" No of course is your answer. Then how else do you expect people to spend their hard earn money on a product that does not deserve it." I said standing on my feet, I walked towards him and stood right at his front.

Placing my left hand on his desk. " Am going to ask you again what....went.... wrong, and if you lie to me you will face consequences. And I believe me I will know if you lie " I said.

He face was down in shame and embarrassment.

" Am sorry young heiress, the thing is that the budget estimated for the high quality product is way above what we have , so we make do with the little we have" he said like whisper.

I was bewildered." Wait a minute, my grandmother invests alot money on the company right?" I asked.

" She does but sadly before we can even get a hold of it. More than half would have already been spent" he said .

" What do you mean by that ?" I asked.

" An important member of the Martins family  has withdrawing Ninety million from the company's main account every week for the past Ten years"

I was shocked, I walked back to my sit and sat down.

"   How come?, I don't understand who ? , Why?, When?" I was short of words.

" The company's account manager accorded that Emiliana Martins is the one , who has been deducting from the company's account. Thus because of the this we had to manage the little resources we had to make something." Mr John Efosa said.

" Why didn't you guys report to head quarters" I said angry.

" She strictly warned us to keep our mouth shut unless , we were going to loose our heads "

" She threatened your lives ?" Even more angry I said. He nodded.
" Don't worry am going to deal with myself." I said storming out of the  CEO 's office.

" for every penny you have wasted. You are going to pay dearly for it .
Emiliana Martins. If not Then am not
ESTELLA'S BLOOD"

______________________________________

HEY GUYS
I forgot to tell you my story is a multi-genre fiction so, it partly Romance,Thriller/mystery, splice of love and so on .
Don't forget to vote for my story , comment and follow me

Your Authoress
Treprincle 🌺🌺