23 | New Beginnings

Start from the beginning

She nodded, her gaze unwavering. "Yes I do, but I have been unsure for a while. It— This feels so wrong but yet right at the same time, it feels right"

As the rain continued to fall outside, Roux and Raina leaned closer to each other, their hands intertwined. In that moment, they realized that their love was a delicate, budding flower, and it would need time and care to bloom fully.

Ethan and Emma Addington, lost in their board game, continued to laugh and play, unaware of the profound conversation happening between their parents. Roux and Raina knew they had challenges ahead, but they were ready to face them together, knowing that their forming love was worth every uncertain step.

As Roux and Raina sat on the couch, their hands still entwined, they shared a smile that seemed to bridge the gap between their feelings and the hesitations that had held them back. The rain continued its soft patter against the window, creating a soothing backdrop to their moment of shared vulnerability.

Unbeknownst to the couple lost in their newfound connection, Ethan and Emma had finished their board game. The siblings exchanged a mischievous glance, sharing a secret plan that they had concocted.

With giggles bubbling over, Ethan and Emma suddenly abandoned their game and dashed toward their parents. Their small feet pattered across the floor, and before Roux and Raina could react, the kids launched themselves onto the couch.

"Gotcha!" Ethan exclaimed, wrapping his arms around Roux's neck in a playful hug.

Emma followed suit, throwing her arms around Raina's waist. "You two are in big trouble," she teased with a grin.

Roux and Raina exchanged amused glances over the heads of their giggling children. It was moments like these that reminded them of the joys and surprises that came with parenthood and, now, blending their lives together.

Roux ruffled Ethan's hair choosing to play along with the bubbling child. "Oh no, we've been caught!"

Raina chuckled as she hugged Emma tightly. "You got us fair and square."

Ethan and Emma exchanged knowing glances, their eyes filled with excitement. "What were you guys talking about?" Ethan asked, his curiosity piqued.

Raina and Roux shared another meaningful look, and this time, their hesitation had given way to a newfound openness. Raina smiled warmly at the children. "Well, we were talking about how much we care about each other."

Emma's eyes lit up with understanding. "You mean you love each other, like in the stories?"

Roux nodded, his gaze locked onto Raina's. "Yes, exactly. We've realized that we love each other."

The words still felt unfamiliar to his tongue. Nevertheless, it was like tunes he wished to hum every single second until it became usual to him. Ethan and Emma exchanged excited glances, then broke into wide grins. "That's awesome!" Ethan exclaimed.

Emma added, "We love Raina a lot, so it's good that you love her too, daddy "

Roux chuckled, his heart swelling with affection for his children. "I'm glad you like her because Raina is going to be an important part of our lives."

He casted a glance at the brownskinned beauty.

Raina leaned in and kissed the tops of Ethan and Emma Addington's heads. "And I am excited to be a part of your lives as well."