19 | Blossoming Emotions

Chapter 19

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A rap of knocks sounded on Roux Addington's door. He knew who it was but he did not want to see, or speak with the person for the time being. Especially not after the occurrence last night. He was still mad.

Buttoning the last of his cuffs, Roux slipped on his pressed suit and picked up his briefcase. Not bothering to stare at himself in the mirror, he turned on his heels and walked out of his bedroom. As soon as the door was flung open, he saw Raina McCoy standing there. He ignored her like a plague and walked away.

He could hear her footsteps syncing with his. She was following him. Why was she following him? Could she not understand that he did not want to speak with her?

" Mister Addington? " She called out but he ignored her and descended the flight of stairs. Raina struggled to keep up with his long strides and forced her legs to move faster.

" Mister Addington?! "

Roux increased his pace as he walked out the hallway entrance and out through the front door. She tried to grab him but her hand only brushed against his fabric and she gripped on to thin air instead.

With a huff, Raina continued to follow him. She needed to speak with him and assure him that nothing happened between her and Charlie Knight last night. She was only being nice to the man because he had been a bit older and Roux had told her Charlie Knight was his friend.

Now she doubted that.

" Mister Addington? Just listen to me! " She cried out in frustration as Wilbert held the door open for him. Roux Addington clenched his fists and turned to face her before slipping his shades off.

" I would appreciate if you quit following me, Miss McCoy " He stated before slipping into the backseat. Wilbert slammed the door shut and nodded at her before rounding the car an slipping into the front.

Raina took in frustrated breaths as she watched the vehicle drive off. With a groan, she turned on her heels and walked back into the mansion. The house was quiet since she had dropped the children off earlier so she could catch on with Roux before he left for work.

Looked like it was all in vain.

A few hours ago, Summer Yates – Roux Addington's personal assistant gripped onto a bundle of files as she trailed behind him, trying to keep up with his long strides, as usual. She had been working for him for six years now and she knew when he was in a foul mood and currently, he was.

She had to walk on eggshells around him if she wanted to retain her job. Albeit, she knew he would not let go of her easily because she was the best assistant he ever employed and she was professional and hard-working. She still had to be careful not to take advantage of the privilege.

" The contract between you and Mister Knight arrived some hours ago, Sir " She adjusted her glasses which was perched on the bridge her nose as they walked further into the lobby.

" Burn it " Roux Addington stated in a heartbeat, halting the woman on her steps as he slipped into his private elevator.

Now, Roux Addington was sat in his office as he scrolled through the newest reviews sent in from customers who visited his hotel. They were all positive but two.

‘ Bad service, the food served at the hotel is absolute trash. They do not serve my native meals. Zero stars from me ’

‘ The Addington Hotels is a disgrace! Do not go there. Even a low classed motel is far better than that junk ’