3 | Not supposed to be her

Chapter 3

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The sunlight seeped through the gaps of the thick curtains and Raina let out a yawn. This was by far the most restful sleep she had ever gotten, but she could not spoil herself in that way, she couldn't forget why she was here and lazy around.

Stretching her arms to relieve her stiff joints, she slipped her feet into her old bunny slippers (that was a Christmas gift from her fifteen-year-old co-worker at the café) and headed straight into the bathroom to perform her daily grooming rituals.

Once again, she felt like she was in a trance when she stepped into the luxurious bathroom. Never in her life had she thought she would ever step foot into one of these. Her feet took her around the massive room as she scanned the contents of the bathroom.

A steam shower, a Jacuzzi, a large bathtub, and many more. The bathroom was truly remarkable. The floors and walls were made from expensive granite tiles varying from light and simple colors.

Raina's dark cheeks heated up as she stared at the full length glass window placed just before the bathtub, which gave off the view of the pool behind the house.

Why would Mr. Roux have something like this? She thought. There was no way she was going to be using the bathtub. She was not sure if it was a one-way glass or not, but she would not be able to take a peaceful bath with the thought that she was probably being watched.

Raina walked towards the sink cabinet with her old toothbrush in her hand. Giving in to her curiosity, her hand reached out to open the cabinets fixated on the wall. The cabinets were filled with toothbrushes, ointments, perfumes, toothpastes, flosses, and many other sanitary materials, including the sanitary pads which she quickly turned away from, her heart panging at the sight.

Realizing she could finally replace the four-month-old toothbrush, she dumped it into the bin and opened up a fresh one. After brushing her teeth, Raina took a quick shower before applying some ointment on her brown skin.

Wrapping a towel around her body, she stepped out of the bathroom and let out a gasp when she saw some women patrolling around her room. One of the three ladies stepped forward with a smile and clasped her hands together.

" Glad you're finally out, Mrs. Addington. I am Stacey Hughes, and these are my co-workers- Amelie Corbyn, Charlotte Lewis, " the lady pointed at the two other girls before looking back at Raina with a smile.

" We were sent by Mr. Addington to get your measurements and give you a brand-new closet so if you could just take off your towel, we would begin "

Raina's eyes widened at the gangly woman's words. Did they want her to take off her towel? She would probably die of embarrassment if they made her do such a thing.

" I do not think I need a new closet, " She blurted out, and the girls turned to stare at her in shock.

" Trust us, Mrs. Addington, we are here to give you a posh satisfaction. We go miles to give you your needed style, that is what we do and if you are feeling rather shy about taking off your towel, if it would help, we have seen hundreds of other women in just a pair of undergarments as well, so we are used to this " Stacey Hughes gave her a comforting smile before turning back to bring out the items she would need from her bag.

Releasing a shaky breath, Raina took off the towel before placing it into the hamper. She avoided the women's gaze as they returned to her with different lengths of measuring tapes.