second chance trope (enzo's version)

Start from the beginning

Pt 2:
It was in the middle of the night when continuous bangs on your door woke you up.
A look on the time on your phone tells you it's been not even two hours after you went to bed, or to be more specific: not even two hours after your body couldn't cope with the exhaustion of crying and violently throwing up anymore and you passed out on your bed.
The bangs cause your head to throb in pain and you groan. Who would be banging at your door at 3 am?
You sit up and see the tissues surrounding you and everything comes back in a flash.
The bet. The betrayal. Enzo.
This must be him at the door.
A few meters next to you, your roommate groans and sits up too. „What the hell?", she muffles.
„That's Enzo.", you whisper, fighting back tears you didn't know you still had inside of you.
Your roommate sighs and swings her feet out of bed. After looking in your panicking face, she says: "I'll tell him to go away."
With that, she opens the door but before she can say a word, Enzo snakes past her and stands in the middle of the room, panting heavily.
"Get out!", you scream.
He shakes his head. "I can't. I need to talk to you. Please."
His pleading voice makes your stomach twist. On one hand you want to hear what he has to say, on the other hand you want to rip his head of for betraying you the way he did.
Taking a closer look, you can now see his ruffled hair and red eyes and half-dried tear stains on his cheeks. It makes your stomach twist even further, but in the end it changes nothing. He might have cried and he might be in pain, but this does not undo a single thing he did.
Enzo's eyes fall on the used, crinkled tissues all over your bed, nightstand and even floor and then on your puffy eyes. "You cried.", he gulps.
You scoff. "What did you think I would do? Sing a happy song?"
In an attempt to distance yourself, you scoot to the other end of the bed and press the blanket to your chest. "Leave, Enzo.", you whisper, staring at the wall in his back.
Enzo sighs deeply and roams a hand through his hair. He sits down at the foot of your bed. "Could you give us two minutes?", he asks your roommate.
You shake your head, desperately wanting her to stay. She looks at you and Enzo, then nods and leaves.
"Come back!", you yell at her, angry that she would do what Enzo says instead of listening to you. The moment she is out of sight, Enzo starts speaking. "Look baby-"
"Don't baby me!"
He gulps. "Sorry. It's just... I know I made a mistake, and I messed up secretly but I can't just give up on you. Fuck, this whole thing started as a bet but I swear-",
He grabs your hands before you can pull away and falls to his knees, pressing your hands to his forehead.
"I swear I love you, I loved you from the beginning but I was too afraid to tell you about the bet because you would have left and I didn't want the boys to think weirdly of me. Everyone doubts I belong in Slytherin and if I backed out they would've taken that as a proof. I was so stupid, please forgive me, please."
His voice is sore and wobbly and gut wrenching, however his words make you angry. You try to snatch your hands away, but Enzo's grip is determined.
"Lorenzo, how is this supposed to make this any better? You're telling me you kept playing with me to prove a point to other people. Well, congratulations. You proved that you're a heartless, reckless traitor."
Before he has a chance to reply, your roommate comes back, Theo following closely. "Enzo, let's go.", the says. With a strong grip, he pulls Enzo to his feet, shooting you an apologetic look.
"Sorry.", he says awkwardly.
"Leave, the both off you. When Lorenzo has come to his senses, tell him he's making things worse by not letting me process."
Theo drags Enzo away, your roommate closes the door and you break down for the hundredth time in not even 24 hours.

Pt 3:
The past few weeks, you woke up to a bouquet of fresh tulips on your doorstep every single day. Every day, there was a small note attached on them. 'I will pray forever that you'll find it in your heart to forgive me.', today's note said.
You placed it in a wooden box, just like you did with all the other ones. The first ones, you tried to throw away but ended up fishing them out of the garbage bin. Your friends would roll their eyes at you when they saw you going though the collection of notes. Eventually, you started hiding them from everyone, somehow feeling embarrassed that you cling to them. And yeah, it might be unreasonable and would be best to rip them into tiny pieces and let the wind carry them away. But through every word, you could feel the pain that Enzo felt, and that played a string in you you just could not stop from swinging.
When Enzo tried to talk to you in person, you would brush him off though. Something about being confronted with him face to face frightened you. Might seem unreasonable as well, thinking about the wooden box hidden behind your nightstand, but since when is a human going through heartbreak reasonable?
You noticed how he distanced himself from his friends, and wondered why. After all, it was so important to him to prove to them that he was worth of being a part of their group.
You get distracted from your thoughts when your phone bings. It's Pansy, asking if you could bring her a spare skirt. As it seems, hers got ruined during her detention, and you really don't want to know how.
You write a quick reply, pull a skirt out of her dresser and hurry down the stairs. Before you enter the common room, you hear voices and stop in your tracks, hidden by the shadows in your staircase.
"Come on, why are you so dry?", Theodore asks.
You hear a scoff and realize it's Enzo. "I'm not."
A third voice speaks up. "You definitely are. I thought this was about y/n, but it's been almost three months. Get your shit together, dude. There are loads of other chicks here.", Draco laughs.
You hear a loud thud, as if someone threw something across the room. "Fuck you! That's exactly the reason why I stopped hanging out with you dicks! Your stupid two brain cells just can't grasp that y/n is more then a 'chick' for me. Fuck you and your stupid bet and fuck being a stupid Slytherin. I would gladly throw it all away if that means I could get her back!"
Another loud bang and furious footsteps are the last noises before silence fills the room.
After counting to ten, you finally dare to take the last steps. When you enter the common room, you see two books on three floor - Enzo must have thrown them - and Theo, Draco and Blaise sitting in silence. Draco spots you first. "Wow, you really fucked him up.", he scoffs, getting to his feet and leaving as well, closely followed by Blaise.
Theo remains silent for another few seconds. "You heard everything, didn't you?", he asks.
You nod, grasping the skirt tighter.
Theo smiles softly. "Eavesdropping is a bad habit."
"And so is betting over woman's hearts.", you scoff.
He rises from his seat. "Touché."
Another moment of silence. "You know, Enzo is really suffering. He's broken badly, and I think you two need to talk. A proper talk, I mean. Not little apology notes. Yeah, I know about them.", Theo adds when he sees the surprise in your face.
You swallow. You know Enzo isn't doing great, and every time you pushed him away lately, it got harder. It occurs you that you actually want to talk to him and the only reason you refuse to is that you are afraid to let him see through the walks you build around yourself. Enzo is obsessed with being seen as a worthy Slytherin, and yet he would want to exchange that all for a second chance with you.
Maybe it's really time to go and talk to him.
Your phone bings again and only now you remember why you got out of your dorm in the first place. 
"I need to go.", you say, barging out of the room without looking back at Theo.
You will definitely talk to Enzo; you both really need it.