second chance trope (tom's version)

Start from the beginning

Pt 2:
After you blocked Tom, you sat down on your bed, staring at the wall for a while. During your really short relationship, he somehow managed to tangle himself with every aspect of your life, he became the center of everything.
Now you realized it was a little too ambitious to think anyone could tame Tom. He is who he is, incapable of such things like love.
Of course I don't love y/n.
You saw yourself in the window's reflection. All of a sudden it occurred you how wrong if was that Tom got to decide about your looks when you were together. You had given him too much control over your life, that needs to change.
You grabbed your phone and called Pansy. "I need to change.", is all you said and she new what was going on.
The next morning, you wake up, feeling totally numb inside, but a look into the mirror gives you some sort of satisfaction.
You cling to the feeling when you walk down the stairs to common room, taking deep breaths. Sooner or later Tom and you will cross paths and that is scary but your new look is something you hold onto. To your luck, you don't see Tom in the common room and let out a sigh of relief.
You don't expect to see him in the great hall as he usually refuses to grab his meal amongst other students. He says their talking and laughing makes him want to murder them. It's meant as a joke (at least that what you used to tell you), however he prefers the seclusion of his dorm.
To your very surprise, Tom is sitting on the Slytherin table, and not only at the end of it. He has gathered between your friends - to their obvious discomfort - next to your usual seat.
You stop dead in your tracks. Why the hell would Tom choose to eat in the Great Hall, with your friends, more specific.
His back is facing you but it's as if he can smell your presence. Maybe he can.
His head is bouncing back and looking into his dark, dangerous eyes makes you want to flee, run away as far as possible. He is angry.
Yeah no, I'm not facing that, you think to yourself and decide that breakfast is overrated anyways. Turning on your heels, you plan to avoid Tom for as long as it takes for your stupid heart to bang heavy against your ribs.
A hand wraps around your forearm and if the possessive grip and rich smell isn't already making it obvious who is grabbing you, Tom's voice in your back is. "Why did you block me?"
You scoff and try to yank your arm away from him. It's no use - his grip is as hard as steel. You turn around. "Why do you care?"
The words come out harsh, just like you wanted too. However, they don't fool Tom.
"I love you and I know you're hurt.", he says, a unfamiliar expression in his eyes. It almost makes you want to believe him, but then again...Tom is manipulative. You decide to ignore the love confession.
"What did you expect? You fucked me for money. I know you liked to call me a whore in bed, but I didn't expect that you meant that."
His grip tightens. It's almost painful. "I didn't take the money."
You scoff. "Of course you didn't. How did you say it? I'm not done with her. Surprise, Tom fucking Riddle. We ARE done, so quit your obsession with me and leave me alone."
You can see how he's trying to bottle up his anger. "I don't want to be done. It's more than an obsession. I love you."
His body stiffens at the words. They still unfamiliar in his mouth even though he thought them a million times in his head. It pisses him more than anything because it's true.
You bite back tears by his sudden words of affection. "Tom, please stop saying that."
It does not surprise you how fast Tom managed to rip down the walls you put up. They were built on sand and had no time to settle. 
"But why? It's the truth."
You push him against the chest to create some distance. "It's not true! And even if it were, you broke my fucking heart, Tom! It's too late for that now!"
Before he can grab you again, you ran around the next corner and disappeared.

Pt 3:
Tom is persistent, that much credit you have to give him. I very say for the past weeks, he showed up to breakfast in the Great Hall for breakfast, sitting down between your friends.
He hated it, that was as obvious as daylight. Everyday, he told one of your friends to deliver a message to you and because they were terrified of him, they did as they were told.
Sometimes it was a simple sorry, other days he mentioned small things he noticed about you that no one else did.
It would have been heartwarming if there wasn't the little sting you felt every time you looked at Tom. Okay, actually it wanted you to the core, despite the sting. It's just that you couldn't let it get through to you, because you didn't know how to trust him again.
The exact day the three months mark passed, you sit down at your new place at the end of the Slytherin table, as far away from Tom as possible. As usually, he scoffs when you brush past him with your head held high.
As usually, Tom fights the urge to get up and throw you over his shoulder to force you to listen to him.
As usually, you put your headphones in to blend out the surroundings.
Everything as usual. What is not as usual though is the boy taking a seat across from you. When he waves with his hand in front of your face, you flinch. "Sorry?", you say, taking out your headphones.
"Hey, y/n.", he says. He's quiet handsome, with blonde locks and light blue eyes and a soft smile. He's a year above you and you never talked to him before.
"Can I help you?", is your reply. Slightly confused, you prop your elbows to the table and lean closer.
"Yeah, actually you can."
A sly smirk pulls the corners of his mouth upwards. "You can give me the honor of taking you to your next class, beautiful."
Your eyes widen. Ever since you got together with Tom, no boy dares to approach you. And now this boy is obviously flirting with you.
You can't help but look over to Tom, who's already staring at you, jaw clenched, eyes squinted and brows furrowed. He's obviously pissed.
Tom's anger is a little terrifying, but it also gives you an odd kick to make him upset.
Determined to give him a taste of his own medicine, you laugh at the boy as if he said something ridiculously funny and place a hand on his forearm. "Gladly, let's go.", you say, throwing your bag oder your shoulder and getting on your feet. The boy walks next to you, a hand on your elbow as he maneuvers you past the students.
When the boy walks past Tom,everything happens within seconds.
Tom rises from his seat, so fast you can hardly comprehend it. The next moment, the boys lands on the table, his back colliding with the wooden surface of the table. Tom holds him in place with a hand wrapped around his throat.
"Get your fucking hands off of my girl.", he growls, towering over the boy, who looks more then terrified.
You are to shocked to say something or even move a muscle, and your friends stare at you.
"I thought-", the boy tries to say, but gets rudely interrupted by Tom, who's leaning over to the boy.
"You obviously thought wrong."
Then Tom straightens his back, still holding the boy by his throat. The hall went completely silent, you could hear a pin drop. Everyone is staring at either you or Tom.
"If it's not already clear by now, if anyone of you dares as much as putting one finger on y/n, you're going to regret it. I will be damned if anyone lays a hand on the woman I love."
The breath catches in your throat. Yeah, Tom already said he loved you. You brushed it off as a lie, but this is a completely different thing. Saying he loves you into everyone's face, that's a huge deal.
"Tom..", you whisper, finally turning to him.
His head snaps around to you. "Yeah?"
His eyes meet with yours, and the worlds goes silent, creating an indescribable tension.
The next moment, a professor brushes past you who came to pull Tom off of the boy. He blocks your view, and the moment is over.