second chance trope (fred's version)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Pt 2:
For a good amount of time, you did just put one foot in front of the other after you stormed out of the Burrow. All you could think about was leaving the pain behind but no matter how far you walked, it didn't help. I'm fact, being alone in a dark field only made it worse.
Trying to keep your voice and hands steady, you called your parents.
An hour later, they apparated next to you and brought you home. You refused to ask any questions, which made them furious, but eventually they stopped asking and when summer break was over, it was time for you to catch the Hogwarts Express.
Even though Kings Cross and the platform 9 3/4 looked the same as always, everything was different. You would always spend the hourlong ride with Fred and George, even before you became a couple.
Now the bare thought of Fred's ginger hair and brown eyes makes you want to skip school. Your heart is hammering in your chest and you bury your nose in a book though the words make no sense to you. The letters in the pages blur as you concentrate on not looking up.
Suddenly, the compartment door bursts open and you hold back a scream. Still, you don't dare to look up until the person speaks up.
Hey, Ron told me what happened between you and Fred.", Hermione says, slowly sitting down on the spot next to you.
It's the first time in a week someone mentions Fred's name out loud and the first time you want to talk about what had happened. Before you can even bring a word out, your lips start to quiver and a gut wrenching sob escapes them.
Oh y/n...", Hermione whispers and pulls you into her arms. I'm so sorry."
It's as if a dam broke. The tears won't stop falling from your eyes and neither did the sobs and gasps. Soon tears drenched the fabric on Hermione shoulder.
Then the door opens a second time and even trough your burry vision, you know who is standing there. You know it by the way your heart starts calling his name but your mind starts cursing him out. You know it by the way the pain inside of you only increases.
Fred you should go.", Hermione stern voice echos through the sudden silence.
You wipe tears from your eyes and then you look into Fred's face for the first time in about two weeks.
Tears well in his eyes too. They're glossy and sad when he looks down at you. His mouth stands open as if he wants to say something but he closes his lips again and you see the way his adams apple bounces up and down as he tries to swallows the lump in his throat.
„I didn't- I need to-„
His voice breaks and so does your heart as it occurs you that Fred is in pain, too. It's obvious that the last to weeks have not been easy for him.
"I want to apologize. I know this isn't going to change anything, but I'm indescribably sorry. I know I fucked up but I just need you to know that I love you and that I really miss you."
Against your will, you get pulled under a spell by his speech.
You mange to take your eyes off of him and stare out of the window to gather your remaining strength and turn to face Fred again. He's looking at you with pleading eyes, silently begging you not to push him away, but just for once, you have to be consistent.
"You should leave.", is all you say. "I get that you're sorry but you betrayed me and you broke my heart. Please leave me alone."
Hermione squeezes your hand as a silent reassurance.
Everything in Fred screams not to go, but he knows if he stays, it will make things worse. You will only push him farther away if he doesn't give you space, he knows that. "I'll give you the time you need. I love you."
His voice is barely over a whisper and his hand is shaking, but he closes the door again and goes against his instincts by leaving.

Pt 3:
Sitting in the cold dungeons, peeking over the kettle edge, you feel an all to familiar stare in your neck. You sigh.
You could really damn Professor Snape for this seating arrangement. You're sitting right in front of Fred and next to Lee, who you have to endure as your potions partner. You can practically smell Fred's anger about the fact that Lee gets to sit next to you - as if you enjoy it any more than him. Trying your best to ignore both, you sprinkle rose petals into the brew. The potion changes from a gross brown to a particularly pretty red.
Snape is checking the potions, giving you zero credit when he takes a look. You swallow your anger. At least the potion is alright.
When Snape returns to the front of the class, he starts telling you everything about the nameless potion you've been brewing for the past hour. It's called amortentia and is supposed to smell like the things you hold close to your heart.
"Give it a minute to seam, then smell carefully. Under no circumstances let the potion touch your bare skin or drink it. Amortentia is a really strong love potions that made wizards and witches a lot stronger than all of you loose their minds.", Snape snarls.
Anxiously, you wait for the next 60 seconds to pass, and without having to take a breath, you get overwhelmed by Fred's intense scent, of course. It wraps around you in a thick cloud, no escaping from it.
Unable to hold back, you shift in your seat and turn around to look straight at Fred, who's sitting with his eyes closed, taking a very deep breath.
"Oh, Merlin.", he groans.
When he opens his eyes again, he catches you looking at him and by the expression in his eyes, you just know that his amortentia smells like you.
He tries to hide his smile, but with moderate success. One corner of his mouth curls upwards.
In this moment, with his eyes on you, his scent hugging you form all around and the knowledge that his nose is filled with your scent, you just know there's no way you're ever going to be able to forget Fred, let alone ever love someone else.
Then Snape calls for everyone's attention and you snap out of your trance, turning back around with your cheeks bright red from embarrassment, confusion and longing.
A minute later, a note is thrown over your shoulder. You hesitate to open it, but in the end you do it anyways. If this lesson taught you one thing it is that you can't ignore Fred any longer.
If it's not obvious by now, I smelled you. Of course I did. I really missed your scent. Do you think Snape will notice when I steal a bottle, just to smell you every time I want to?
You smile at the note, but feel a little sting in your heart. Oh, it's really a delicate balance of sweet, funny and sad.
You rip a piece of your parchment and dip your quill into ink. He will definitely notice, don't do it. And it was pretty obvious. I smelled you too.
Without turning back, you reach behind you to hand the note back to Fred. His fingers brush against yours as he snatches it from you, causing a bolt of lightning to rush through you. A moment later, it lands on your desk again.
I didn't think you would answer me, but I'm really glad you did. So, if you smelled me, does that mean you miss me too? Because I definitely miss you. My life is a mess without you.
You swallow the lump in your throat. I really tried not to, but it's true. I miss you, Fred. Nothing is fun without you. But I don't know if we have a future.
Before Fred as a chance to reply to your message, Snape ends the lesson and shoos you out of the classroom. In the hall, Fred catches you.
"What do we do now? I can't stay away from you now that I know you miss me too.", he says, tugging a strand of hair behind your ear. You have to force yourself not to lean into his touch. "I don't know, Fred. Maybe we could talk if you'd like..."
Your voice was barely a whisper, but he heard you loud and clear.
"Oh god, y/n, yes. I really want to talk to you. But...my parents are here in 30 minutes, for god knows what. Do you think we could talk tonight?"
You smile softly. "Yeah. That's fine. I'll be in my dorm."