Chapter 29

*warning*
The following chapter includes violence.

The golden sand stretched till infinity and the heat was beyond imagination. In the middle of the sand dunes the house was echoing with gunshots and bombs. Raghav and Manav with the help of the local mafia leader were successfully killing all of Jairaj's men. But they hadn't found him yet.

They knew he was Vikram's prey. But at the moment his priority was his wife and they understood it. They could always leave him alive after a good torture session.

As Raghav reached a room on the second floor of the house, he saw two guards in front of a room. He was quick to eliminate them and enter the room. As soon as he came in his eyes caught the body laying on the bed. The old and tired Jairaj was laying in the bed looking at him with a horrified face. He knew his end was near. But he was too weak to move even for saving his own life. Ziah's kick had left him in a terrible condition.

"You motherf*cker." Raghav seethed in anger and held the old man's collar before pulling him up.

He moaned in pain and looked at Raghav.

"P-Please I am old..." He started speaking but a tight slap from Raghav sent him panting for his dear life.

"Old,huh? Then its time for you to go up."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

As moments passed painfully slow for Vikram he broke down into bits & pieces. After numerous tries he was unable to wake Ziah. A stream of tears left his eyes remembering that this was all because of him. Ziah had been dragged in the mess because of him. Jairaj and Mitali had a problem with him and their hatred for Vikram had pushed them to hurt her. She had no fault in this, except that she was married to an unfortunate man, he thought.

The door behind him opened with a creeking sound. The footsteps that echoed in the room fell on deaf ears as Vikram was lost deep in his thoughts.

"S-Sir?" Manav's hesitance was accompanied by fear in his voice. He was fearing the scene in front of him and it's consequences.

"I-Is ma'am okay?" He asked coming close enough to get a look at the unconscious girl.

Once again, he was ignored like plague. He took a deep breath before placing a hand on his tensed shoulders.
"We found him."

With a startle Vikram looked straight in front of him. He tilted his face to look right at Manav. A shiver ran down Manav's entire body seeing Vikram's eyes. Those bloodshot eyes filled with hot tears had only one thing in them, murder.

In the other part of the mansion Raghav was doing a hardworking job of torturing Jairaj. He was making sure to hurt every inch of his body but also  kept him alive.

The hot desert suddenly felt cold to everyone present there. Even the air particles froze in fear of the man that had walked in the room.

He was wounded, but he was still a lion. And when he walked with the love of his life in his arms with his eyes blazing of fire, the world bowed in fear.

Raghav turned around and his eyes went wide seeing his sister. Jairaj was long forgotten as he rushed towards Ziah and tapped her face. She was pale and unconscious. He had never seen her like that, and it was a heartbreaking sight.

"Ziah! What happened to her?" He asked Vikram but he was not in the state to answer. He was lost in his own world.

Vikram simply placed his wife in Raghav's arms. His eyes were focused on the man in front of him. A shivering Jairaj was looking like he was going to pee his pants. Perhaps he had already done that.