Ash laughed, "good luck."

Misty left the two guys to converse, and she headed out to find more people she recognized. While she walked around, she saw May minding her business and immediately ran over to her.

"May! It's so great to see you here!" Misty shouted.

"Same for you," May smiled, "I'm starting to get use to life in the Cerulean City. I noticed flyers mentioning this festival and I assumed that y'all would be here, so I decided to come because why not?"

"That's awesome," Misty replied, "Ash and I are also starting to adapt to everything."

May's eyes widened, "did you bring him here to ask him out on a dance?"

Misty blushed, but admitted to it, "yea, I thought it was the easiest way of getting together."

"I'm so proud for you," May exclaimed, "I'm cheering for you."

"I'm glad I have support," Misty chuckled as she began to walk back to Ash.

She walked back to where Ash and Brock were having their conversation, and when she arrived, she only noticed Brock was talking to other people at the party.

"Brock!" Misty exclaimed.

Brock turned around and waved at Misty in an energetic mood before speaking, "what's going on Misty?"

"I was going to ask you the same thing," Misty said, seeming rather confused, "where did Ash run off to?"

Brock had a moment to think about it, "he didn't tell me, he just said he was going to go somewhere."

"That's strange, don't you think?" Misty questioned.

"Knowing Ash, he could be doing anything right now," Brock laughed.

Misty laughed back, "I'll be on the lookout."

"Good luck," Brock replied.

Misty walked away to search for Ash. The place was somewhat crowded, but she managed to walk through the group of people.

"He's probably trying to find a place to get food. That's definitely something Ash would do," Misty whispered to herself.

She walked towards a table with a bunch of drinks and scanned the nearby area. Suddenly, she noticed Ash drinking from a cup from the table. Before Misty could walk over she noticed something that caught her attention, Ash was talking to someone, a girl to be exact. The closer she got, the more she began to recognize her.

"Ash!" Misty called out.

Ash and the girl both turned towards Misty and Ash waved in excitement, "there you are!"

Misty caught up with them and stared at the girl, as if to examine her features.

Ash smiled and spoke up, "I'm sure you remember Serena from our school years. It's so great to see her around."

Misty's eyes widened. She completely forget about Serena. Misty and Serena both always had a crush on Ash for the longest time. The memories flooded back to Misty as she stared at Serena with a cold look.

"What are you doing here?" Misty asked trying to sound nonchalant.

"I've been going around the different regions performing shows and I just so happened to come to Cerulean City this week and thought I would see y'all," Serena explained.

"It's great to see y'all two together," Ash smiled.

Misty tried not to show her annoyance and Serena's annoyance also began to show. It was obvious both Misty and Serena still had so sort of frustration against each other after all those years ago.