Home Sweet Home

Misty could now say she lived with Ash and it felt weird but he was more than content with this outcome. She was afraid she was going to have to sleep on the streets and live homeless for months. So she was happy that Ash accepted her into his house.

"So now that you officially live here, you want me to give you the grand tour," Ash asked.

"I'm glad you asked," Misty winked towards Ash.

"Sounds good, you already have seen the kitchen, living room, and dining room, let me take you upstairs," Ash said.

Ash signaled Misty towards upstairs and Misty followed right behind him.

"I've got a guest bedroom for you on the left, just set up the room and you should be good to go," Ash stated.

"I appreciate the help," Misty replied.

Ash opened the door and Misty scanned the bedroom and every detail. It was your average looking bedroom with a bed, a drawer, and a lamp, but it was enough to sleep peacefully.

"The bathroom is in the hallway, just in case," Ash commented.

"Is there anything else I need to know?" Misty asked.

"Besides the bedroom and bathroom, you should be fine, only other thing I think you would need to know is the laundry room downstairs for your dirty clothes," Ash mentioned.

"Thank you, I'll relax in here for the time being," Misty said.

"If there's anything you need, I'll be there for you," Ash happily responded.

The door closed behind Misty and she was left to think to herself. She laid on the bed and began to think about the situation. Will she even be able to solve this case? And if she doesn't, will she have to live with Ash permanently? The thought followed her for quite some time and it was beginning to conquer her mind. Not only did the thought dominant her mind, she also couldn't help but realize her belongings were still at Cerulean Gym, in the room where Violet was murdered. If she wanted to bring her belongings to this house, she had to relive the worst chapter in her life.

Misty immediately got up and out of her bedroom to talk to Ash. She went downstairs and saw him reading a book in the living room.

"You already seem uneasy," Ash said a little concerned.

"I'm just not use to living in a new place under such grim circumstance," Misty replied.

"I understand, I think I know something that'll make you feel better," Ash said.

"What are you suggesting?" Misty asked.

"I'll take you on a walk around Pallet Town and meet the people I care most about," Ash suggested.

"I'm up for that, it's better than sitting around here," Misty said.

Ash got up and put his shoes on, while Misty was waiting outside.

"C'mon Ash, you're taking quite awhile for someone who came up with this plan," Misty jokingly complained.

"Let me be Misty!" Ash jokingly played along.

When Ash was ready and walked outside, Misty was looking around at the beautiful scenery of Pallet Town.

"Where do you want to go first?" Misty questioned.

"Let's go meet up with my mom," Ash replied, "It's some time since I've seen her."

Misty was more than happy to meet Delia Ketchum. The two were very fond of each other and Misty considered her more of a mother than her own mother. In fact, Misty's relationship with her mother was extremely dull. She never really got to know her mother and every time she asked her sisters what would happen, they would try to redirect the conversation. Misty always assumed she left the family around the time she was born. She somewhat wanted to meet her, but she didn't think she could stand face-to-face with the person who (probably) abandoned her.