i know i love you | ace

"An angel who appeared to me one day."

Waves crashing through, the salty breeze gently lifting up your (h/c), admiring the view of the sea. That was until footsteps were heard. Almost sounded as if it were.. running? Only to turn around and collide with Marco, flinging you over to the balcony of the ship. Ready to hit the ground, but instead landing in someone's arms.

"You took the term fallen angel too seriously don't you think y/n?" He laughed.

You open your eyes to meet the soft hearted eyes you always knew. Tanned skin, his freckles and brown curls in your view, and realizing once again, he has no shirt. You blushed and he set you down gently.

"Even though knowing that you do have angel wings I'm assuming you wanted me to save you instead?"

"Haha very funny Ace but that wasn't even my fault." You replied.

Looking back up to see Marco and Jozu giggling above after watching the scene. Glaring at them both, they deserved a good beating for this.

"Oops! My bad!" Marco shouted above before running away with Jozu.

"I swear to god I'm going to cook you both alive!!" You shouted.

Immediately spreading out your wings and flying over, you swing yourself to the 2 guys running away and immediately caught up to them. Ace hearing the fight, went up the stairs to see you tapping your foot, with Marco and Jozu on their knees, pleading for mercy. Giggling as he saw you scold them, his face turning into a light pink color admiring you. Everything was perfect about you in his view. And thanks to the collision he managed to snag a closer view of you. Sighing, walking towards you and flinging his arm around your shoulder, staring back at the 2 men.

"You guys are lucky she's just scolding if I were her I would have beat the shit out of you" He stated.

Out of shock, you realized your position with him. Looking at him, realizing how close your face was to him, the smirk he gave you up close, you immediately looked the other way with a red face and with a giggle heard from the 2 pirates, you glare back and they immediately became quiet.

As the sun set, and the moon rose up, your favorite part of the day finally arrived. Settling yourself on the balcony and letting your wings stretch out. Admiring at the stars, you heard footsteps and immediately felt warmth behind you. Not even having to look back, his arms slithered around your waist and nuzzled his face in the crook of your neck. His breathing at a steady pace and moving in closer to you. The unusual bond between you and ace were confusing. Dating? Just friends? All the thinking flooding into your brain before you feel him leaving a kiss on your cheek.

"You know you look really hot when scolding those 2 idiots right?"

"And why's that?"

"Maybe because everything you do is pretty~"

Flicking his forehead in a teasing manner, he pouted.

"Now you owe me miss angel." Ace grinned.

Playing around with the feathers on your wing, you jolted knowing how Ace always teased around with your wings.

"Hey paws off hot hands."

"Relax angel, plus it's not hard not to hate me."

Shit he was right about that! Letting go the feathers of your wing, his arms rested against the railings looking at you. Feeling the pair of eyes, looking at him, a comfortable silence lingering. As he let go of the railings and took your hand into his, kissing them gently and him placing your hand onto his face.

"Say you love me y/n..."

"That depends.. if you love me."

"Of course I have. And I always will. But do you love me more than the sea? Do you love me more than the scenery? Will you always love me..?" Looking into your eyes for an answer.

Not answering the question, tip toeing to his height, wrapping your arms around his neck and leaning in. The shared warmth from his slightly chapped lips to your lips, the answer he was looking for. Pulling back away to see his face red. Avoiding eye contact, and stammering.

"I.. I'm.. Mmmhmmmm.."

Giggling at his state, leaving a kiss on his cheek, and holding his hand as reassurance.

"I love you more than anything. And that will never change."

His face becoming even more red, and hiding his face in the crook of your neck.

"Shy now are we?" You teased

Pulling back from your neck and pulling himself to you in for a warm hug, knowing that the feelings were mutual in the end.