Chapter 8: Young blood, old souls

Start from the beginning

Kikimora bows and moves away from the door. I kneel as well. A pair of glowing blue eyes approach from the darkness, eventually revealing Emperor Belos. Beast Eda shrieks and bursts out of the bubble, running towards Belos.

Lilith: Eda, no!

Belos vanishes before Beast Eda can attack him, appearing behind her and throwing her against a wall by lifting his finger. Beast Eda falls to the ground, glowing red ropes appearing to keep her down.

Lilith: [Runs between Beast Eda and Belos's shadow] My Lord, I apologize for my sister's rash behavior. She is still in her cursed form. Once you've healed her, as promised, I am sure she will become a useful asset to the coven!

Emperor Belos summons his mechanical staff and raises it, healing Eda only to the point of allowing her speech in her Beast form.

Beast Eda: Ah. Where am I? What is this? Aw farts, I got caught.

Emperor Belos: Edalyn Clawthorne, the infamous Owl Lady, the wild witch of Bonesborough. Mentor of Luz the Human.

Beast Eda: You stay away from her, or so help me, Titan...

Emperor Belos: [ Chuckles] You've got it all wrong. The human is safe, for now. I just want the portal she came through.

Beast Eda: Tough, 'cause I ain't telling you nothing!

Emperor BelosUgh, pity. Although I suppose I could ask the human herself or I could go find the Phoenix witch.

Belos snaps his fingers, and the guards run in to drag Eda away.

Beast Eda: Wait! Don't touch her! Lilith, don't let him hurt her! Lilith!

Lilith: Ah, taking her to the healing ceremony?

Emperor Belos: I will not be healing her.

Lilith: But, you promised me.

Emperor Belos: Don't be so naïve, Lilith. This is the Titan's will. All wild witches must be dealt with before the Day of Unity. You understand, don't you?

Lilith: Of course...

Emperor Belos: Good. [Begins walking away] Oh, one more thing.

Belos snaps his fingers, and Owlbert and the bottom half of Eda's staff appear in my hands.

Emperor Belos: Destroy the Owl Lady's staff. She won't be needing it anymore. And you still need to bring me the Phoenix witch Lilith.

Belos leaves the throne room, leaving me staring after him and thinking about what I have done.

2nd Pov

A news broadcast appers on a crystal ball.

Perry: Perry Porter coming to you live from outside the Emperor's Castle. Edalyn Clawthorne, known commonly as "Eda the Owl Lady," has been captured and has been brought before the Emperor.

Kikimora: For the crime of attacking a coven leader and refusing to join a coven, Edalyn Clawthorne's body shall be petrified in stone! Today, sundown, at the Conformatorium.

Amity watches the broadcast on a crystal ball, her look of annoyance turning into one of surprise. Cut to Gus's room.

Gus: [Gasps and turns to his scroll] Willow! Are you watching?

Willow: Yes. We have to do something.

Perry: Today is a grave day for Bonesborough.

Various demons and witches watching the crystal balls in the street murmur in discussion and walk off, revealing Luz and King.