"Made what? " I asked.

"The dinner, Krisha. We've made the dinner, you both have to just come and eat. " Arjun said, which made me and mom look at them with awe expression.

"Aww! " Me and mom said together to which we then giggled.

We then went to the dining table to see some fabulous dishes kept. We quickly ate and called it the day..
.
.

The next morning, I decided that I would go to the office, but would come home half day.

"Mom, I'll come back by 4 or 5 in the evening. " I said to which she nodded with a smile and waved me a bye.

Honestly, she's so happy about the fact that I'm fasting, like it's something really unexpected.

.
.

As much as I decided to leave early, I could not do so. Because my assistant is unwell, so it was much work to manage, so I just texted mom that I'll be late.

She'll be disappointed, I guess. But I've got no other option.

Still I managed to reach at least an hour earlier than regular day.
I parked my car to see that the house was exceptionally quiet.

"Mom? Dad? " I called out as I entered to look at mom sitting on the ground and dad and Aryan were standing in front of her.

"Mom! " I called out loudly and went near her to see she was sitting with Arjun's head on her lap while he was lying on the floor.

"Mom, what happened? Why is he lying down? Dad? Aryan? Please tell me something! " I said panicking and sat down beside mom trying to wake him up.

"Krisha, he fainted. " Dad told me.

"What? " I said loudly.

"Yes Bhabhi! We were all getting ready for the Karwa Chauth, and even bro was home early today. He was going to kitchen for something and suddenly fainted. " Aryan informed.

"Doctor? Have you called a doctor? " I asked, still panicking.

"Yes, he's on the way he'll come soon. " Dad said and within a minute, doctor arrived.

Arjun was brought to our room and the doctor checked him and all the while I didn't realize that I was actually crying until mom offered me a tissue and Aryan brought a glass of water for me.

"Doctor? How is he? What happened? Why he fainted? " I asked panicking, but soon realized it and again calmly asked him the same things.

"He had a drop in his blood sugar level as well as blood pressure. Seems like he didn't eat anything the whole day. He is really weak and I was about to inject him glucose, he woke up and denied me to do so. " The doctor told us and we looked at each other in confusion

"Anyways, This is the prescription, give him meds accordingly. " The doctor said and went away.

"Mom? Why didn't he eat anything? " I asked her, surprised on him being hungry the whole day. Because clearly he's a big foodie.

"Even I'm surprised Krisha, he can't stay hungry for more than four hours. He only does this if there's some surgery, and as far as I know he didn't have one today. " Mom said.

"He's fasting today. Isn't it obvious? " Aryan said and I was shocked but before reaching conclusions, I went inside the room to see him a bit awake.

"K.. Krisha. Hi! " He said weakly.

"Seriously? Hi? I was so God damn worried about you. Who asked you to keep a fast? And first of all, why are you even fasting? " I questioned.

"Hey! I'm not well. Don't you think you should be more loving?" He said jokingly.

"First answer me! " I demanded.

"It's Karwa Chauth today. " He informed like I didn't know it.

"So? " I questioned raising my eyebrow.

"So, it's a tradition to keep fast for your spouse, so I did too. I kept a fast for you." He said shrugging his shoulders.

***********************************************************************************

Hey Lovely Readers,

Here goes the chapter 24.

Hope you all like it.

Sorry for uploading a bit late, but I was seriously having second thoughts about the whole book when it near the ending.

But anyways, I've thought that even if I've got one dedicated reader, I'm going to keep uploading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love,

Author