𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

Start from the beginning

"Nobody gives a shit." Daryl tells him all the while grumbling.

Gulping and nodding, Aaron replies with, "You're absolutely, one hundred percent right." Fiddling with his fingers, he turns back around, right when Rick's begins to open the envelope and tug something out of it. "That's the first picture I wanted to show you because nothing I say about our community will matter... unless you know you'll be safe. If you join us, you will be."

He glances around before speaking again; it's as if silence is his biggest fear. He'd do anything to fill it.

"Each panel in that wall is a fifteen-foot-high, twelve-foot-wide slab of solid steel framed by cold-rolled steel beams and— and square tubing. Nothing alive or dead gets through that without our say-so. Like I said, security is obviously important. In fact, there's only one resource more critical to our community's survival. The people."

Rick stands and looks back at Michonne who's giving him the look.

"Together we're strong. You can make us even stronger. The next picture, you'll see inside the gates." Rick approaches Aaron quick; he's the only one who couldn't see what's about to happen. "Our community was first contruc—"

Punch.

Rick swipes his hand in the air afterwards, his knuckles pulsing with pain. Aaron's on the ground, slumped.

Aaron being knocked out, on the ground, makes me feel a little safe. It gives me the confidence to join everyone else, outside the stable. And as I did, I stand and cover behind Jeremiah, out of everyone, just to watch the stranger from a safe distance.

"Kendall.." Jeremiah turns around to face me. "Is he telling the truth?"

"How would I know?"

"You've got a good peoples sense."

I scoff and blink at him; a crease lines on my forehead as I glance over Jeremiah to look at Aaron. "No one would listen.. but yes I think he's telling the truth. And if he really wanted to kill us, we would've been dead."

"Everybody else," To grab our attention, Rick straightens out and raises his voice. "we need eyes in every direction. They're coming for us. We might not know how..
or when, but they are."

Maggie shakes her head, pulling her eyes away from Aaron to look up at Rick. "Me and Sasha, we didn't see him. If he had wanted to hurt us, he could've." She sighs, trying to explain.

"Anybody see anything?" He ignores her, turning away to pace back and forth.

"Just a lot of places to hide." Glenn says.

"Alright, keep looking."

"I'll check on him, yeah?" I say, patting Jeremiah's shoulder when noticing Aaron starting to wake up.

"That's a hell of a right cross there, Rick." Aaron. whose eyes are barely open, gives us a teethy smile.

"Sit him up." Rick tells them; stopping me from getting too close to Aaron.

"I think it's better if—"

"It's okay." Aaron is quick to cut Maggie off, opening and closing his mouth so he could massage his jaw.