You make me feel safe (Joe Hendry x OC) (TW)

Start from the beginning

While Isla waited for her husband at what they had always called their 'special spot' ever since they had joined the company (which was basically the truck area of the arena where the larger trucks carrying equipment like the ring etc stayed), Isla smiled as she tried to hide her sadness in her eyes and written on her face as she watched her best friend & brother walk towards her, with both surprise and shock on his face at who it was he was seeing "Jim-Jim "Isla expressed with a smile as she hugged the man tightly,"Tigger... not that it isn't nice to see you, but what are you doing here? you aren't due back yet. You both still have compassionate leave"the man known as Jimmy Jacobs expressed. Knowing that there was something more going on with the woman than she was admitting , he watched her as she sat down & replied whilst not making eye contact "I needed to be back... we both did. Besides, I couldn't just sit at home anymore...it hurts too much especially being around everything we had for Esme still & my family aren't exactly helping matters". As the man sat down next to the woman, Chris asked her as he took her hands in his to stop Isla from picking at her skin "firstly, stop with the picking... we don't need to see you in any more pain, Secondly and most importantly, Isla please tell me that you are telling Joe everything about how you are feeling?.... Isla Dione Zara Hendry!! You told me when we spoke that you would talk to him". After wiping the tears from her hazel brown eyes, the woman exclaimed sadly with emotion in her voice that she was trying desperately to hide, "I can't tell him Chrisy! ...he is already dealing with me enough....I can't & won't cause him any more pain that'll make him any more depressed & sadthan he already is and that he is trying to hide from me ... it's my fault he is like that... I broke him" "Isla, it wasn't your fault...you know that, I know you do ... Esme's death was a sad tragedy that nobody had any control over... not even the doctors. " the man exclaimed. Knowing that he was speaking the truth in her mind, but not in her heart, Isla sobbed as she replied " but I should've done... I should've known. I was her mum " before getting up and walking away from the shocked man. As the woman walk away, from the man, she knew in her head, however much it was going to break her heart what she needed to do for not only herself, but for the man that she & her body had broken, after everything she had put him through, she needed him to be happy...she knew that if he was happy and could find somebody whose body would work better than hers , any pain that she had, she could handle, but the idea of Joe being in any more pain & hiding it because of her had become too much to bear. After finally making it to their spot after running into a few of their friends & colleagues who had asked him how the couple were doing , Joe suddenly came to an abrupt & confused stop when instead of his beautiful princess of a wife who he was expecting to see, he saw the figure of Jimmy Jacobs, rubbing his face with a look of contemplation and concern etched on it, making the distance between them smaller quickly , Joe opened his mouth to joke but stopped as the man looked at him with sadness, and asked, knowing that something had happened with Isla "what's happened? " . After listening to his wife's best friend & adopted brother tell him not only everything that she had told him, but also about his concerns over her , Joe knew in his heart that he needed to not only try and get his wife to talk to him opening,y and honestly, but more importantly, he needed her to realise that with him, she didn't need to hide any emotion she was feeling and he knew he needed to before it was too late. However easy it seemed in theory however, in practise, he knew that it was going to be more difficult, he knew that because of the hell they were living in, the likelihood of getting his wife to talk to him was thin to impossible...but he wasn't going to let that stop him . After texting everyone that he could think of and if they knew whereabouts the woman he loved more than anything in his life could be. After what felt like an eternity of texting people, Joe sighed a sigh of relief that he didn't even realise he had been holding as he read a text from Deonna telling him that she was with her and additionally how much of a state the usually strong woman was in.