here

Please read:
Before reading this chapter, I would like to add a TW here:

If you are uncomfortable with abuse, mention of blood, salvery, Pokemon trafficking, cruelty against Pokemon, and mutilation (?) of Pokemon, or of any of kind. Please proceed with caution. I will added a breaker with '------' with the scenes. This fanfiction will have dark themes. If any chapters have any TW I will add it at the beginning of the chapters. Once again, please proceed with caution.

-------------

[Name] observed Amber as she gently rubbed Ponyta's face, a look of empathy and understanding in her eyes. It was a sight that made [Name] ponder the possibility of her becoming the first Pokemon trainer in this world. The connection between Amber and Ponyta hinted at a future partnership filled with trust and companionship. It was a thought that held promise, especially given Amber's nurturing nature.

[Ding~]

[FYI, anyone you meet can certainly become a trainer, but it would have to be caught by a Pokeball. Which brings us to this point. You can give people Pokeballs if you choose to, but be warned if it falls into the wrong hands.....well, you get the point!]

[Name] sighed at the message from the system, considering the implications of introducing the concept of Pokeballs to this world.

"Shouldn't we head out?" Paimon's voice interrupted their thoughts, reminding them of the pressing mission at hand. As the group took a moment to rest and let Ponyta recover further, Aether, with a thoughtful expression, voiced the concern that had been lingering in all their minds.

"The thing is, we don't even know where to go," Aether mused, his arms crossed and brows furrowed in frustration.

"Amber?" The Pokemon trainer calls out to her.

Amber, who had been deep in thought while petting Ponyta, looked up, her face brightening as she realized her knowledge of the region might be of help. She chuckled awkwardly as Ponyta nudged her affectionately, clearly enjoying the attention.

"Yes?" she replied, giving her full attention to the group.

[Name] seized the opportunity to ask, "Have there been any suspicious sightings lately?"

Amber's expression turned serious as she considered the question. She had indeed heard some rumors during her travels as an outrider.

"Well," she began, her voice lowered as though sharing a secret, "there have been whispers among the locals about strange activities near a temple not far from here. Some claim to have seen shady figures lurking around, carrying cages and crates."

Paimon's eyes widened with curiosity. "A temple, you say? That sounds like a lead!"

Aether nodded in agreement. "It's worth investigating."

"Rumors do come from somewhere and it has some truth to it." [Name] remarks.

As the group discussed their next steps, [Name] turned to Amber with a question that had been on their mind.

"Has anyone in Mondstadt started looking into this rumor?" [Name] inquired, their curiosity piqued.

Amber sighed, her expression troubled. "Honestly, not yet. We've been overwhelmed dealing with Stormterror, and this matter has been put on the back burner. But now that you've brought it up, it might be time to address it."

Aether, who had been listening intently, spoke up, his eyes reflecting concern. "What are your thoughts on what might be happening, [Name]?"

[Name] pondered the situation, their brow furrowed in thought. "It's possible that we're dealing with a Pokemon trafficking ring. They could be capturing these Pokemon and then either auctioning them off or selling them on the black market."