Part 6

He noticed her immediately when he came down the corridor of the lobby.

She sat at the end of the bar, and instantly he knew that was so she could space out herself from other people. He knew because that was what he did when he went out by himself.

It was also just the unspoken rule of society to leave a space of comfort. Often times he sighed heavily when some people did not. 

Everything about her seemed so gentle and he could feel her calm aura radiate everywhere. Her hair was tied in a low pony, keeping her fringe out of her face, and what caught his attention was also her pretty sick t-shirt that was from a well-known artist, Andy Muller. 

Her lips were pursed in concentration, as her fingers glided across the keyboard. She had a glass of coffee in front of her and a glass of orange juice.

His first instinct was to go up to the bar and sit a few spaces away and start working on his laptop as he had work to do. But he wasn't sure if and how soon the boys would be coming down for breakfast which would potentially interrupt their conversation.

"Sure, let's go with that excuse," he mumbled to himself begrudgingly as he found himself walking to the outdoor patio area. It had been a while since he had talked up a woman, and he was trying not to beat himself up too much.

Mickey, immediately saw him emerge out onto the patio and stopped typing midway. She desperately tried to hide her appreciative smile as she eyed every single bit of him.

Her eyes were drawn to his strong hands, and how great his chest looked in just a damn black t-shirt. 

"Don't get me started on that hair." her inner devil screamed and she giggled.

She noticed just as he was about to sit, a waiter approached him and began pointing and she assumed, spoke Spanish a million miles an hour -- which ultimately led to her watching him begin to walk back into the bar area.

Which was when she immediately bore her eyes into her screen and tried to remember what she was working on. 

Ryan was told that the patio area was reserved for a private event, which then led the waiter to bring him right back to the bar where Mikayla was sitting.

In that moment, both of them were thinking that they wanted to speak to each other, but would there be any reception?

She didn't know if he was seeing anyone, and neither did he. She was wondering if he would be joined by a beautiful woman, and he was wondering if it would be too bold if he were to give just one space between them or does he play it safe and go with two.

The bartender that was behind the bar, was observing him inconspicuously and definitely was not going to suggest where he should sit, because it was virtually empty. Most hotel guests were asleep at 7.30 a.m.

"Come on buddy, just do it." he hopes

Ryan went with giving one seat in between them and as he pulled the bar stool. As he did, she looked to the side and cautiously smiled at him.

"I hope you don't mind me sitting this close. They usually end up moving me when couples show up." Ryan hoped that he was able to hint that he was alone and no female was showing up.

"Not at all, it happens to me too. I wouldn't be bothered if they asked you to move over if anyone needs space." she hoped she didn't sound like a squeaky mouse.

They stared at each other, the eye contact was electric and for Mickey, she immediately felt comfortable and at ease. The practice talks she had with herself, definitely paid off.