HER FAVOURITE STORY TELLER /PART II/

Start from the beginning

She nodded hesitantly. After all, she had wanted to blab about him to her uncle.

He rose to his feet and gave her another pat on the head. "Thankyou. It was nice meeting you, kid."

And then he turned away and took off, leaving the young girl to do the same as she ran towards her uncle.

.
.
.
.

It came as a surprise later to Borsalino when his young niece asked him why he hated pirates.

______________

Second encounter

Her grandmother was seated by the window as she knit a sweater for her.

The girl was first intrigued, even asking her to teach her how to knit, but after a while, she could see the young girl was getting bored.

Unable to bear the boredom anymore, she stood up abruptly and turned to her grandmother.

"Can I go outside, Gramma?"

Her grandmother who had seen this coming nodded.

"Just don't stray off too far and come back before it gets dark. There are more bad people here then good." Her voice got quieter towards the end not wanting to scare the girl too much.

The girl nodded excitedly. "Thankyou Gramma!"

And then she dashed off to Godric knows where.

Her feet led her to places she had not gone before, taking this time to explore the place to her heart's content.

'Meowrr-'

Huh?

She immediately found the source of the noise- a grey cat with spots of white decorating its fur. Her eyes lit up immediately.

She slowly reached her hand out. "Here, pussy cat. C'mere.."

The cat inclined towards her hand but then stopped and turned to sprint away

"Oh no.. come here, I just want to pet you." She whined.

The cat paid no heed, running away from her.

She took off after it. "Kitty cat where are you? I won't hurt youu-"

She heard a rustle and saw the cat hiding in a bush. "Here kitty, kitty.. come to me."

The cat ran off again.

Groaning she decided to give up, choosing to explore around instead as the cat had led her deeper into a place she wasn't familiar with.

She found herself outside a shop. Or could it even be called one? It had a loose signboard with the paint peeling off but somehow she could make out the letters.

"Shi...p co..ati..ng..done here..." She read softly to herself.

She peeped inside and saw a familiar figure. The man, also sensing her presence turned around.

"Ah, it's you, kid." Rayleigh smiled. "Got lost again?"

She shook her head and dared to venture further into the shop where he was seated. "I was chasing a cat."

He chuckled and passed her a stool.

"Do you live around here?" He asked her, a bit curious because he had seen the admirals ship leave in the morning.

She shook her head again.

"No. My gramma does. I come here during vacations."

"Your parents?" He asked.