"I'll think about it." I shrugged, I just want to go back and do what I was doing. Which was pretty much nothing, and that to me sounds like the only thing I can do. I don't even have the energy to move let alone go out somewhere.

"Just do it, stop thinking so much." he patted me on the leg as he stood back up, I saw his eyes scan around the room a little. He didn't say anything but I knew what he was thinking. This place isn't at it's cleanest and I have been neglecting to clean up after myself.

"It wouldn't hurt to give this place a clean either, it's looking like Jaxon's room." he chuckled a little, and then walked closer and ruffled my hair like he always does.

"Yes boss." I gave him a salute and even forced a smile. I pulled myself up from the couch and followed him to the door, once there, he stopped and then sighed.

"Dad will be okay Nick, it's no good locking yourself away from everyone. We are all hoping that he's going to get through this." If only the thoughts of Dad being sick were the only things that are suffocating me.

"I know Brax, thanks for visiting." I reached for the door handle and opened the door for him. The sun was still shining brightly in the sky and my eyes tried to adjust to the light. It's been days since I even stepped outside the house and the fresh breeze felt nice on my skin. Maybe I could go out for while, just to get come fresh air.

"I'm just a phone call away." he smiled, once I heard his car start and then back out of the yard, I closed the door. I slowly made my way through the house, looking at the trail of cans and a few bottles I had laying around. Sighing heavily, I headed towards my bedroom and then walked into the en suite. Stripping out of the clothes that I had been living in for the past five days, I tossed them in the wash basket and turned the water on in the shower. The feel of the hot water soothed my muscles as I stood underneath the heavy spray.

I'm not sure how long I stayed in there but once I turned the water off, I felt refreshed and awake. Heading over to the basin, I looked in the mirror and groaned, hell, I haven't even bothered to shave and now I look like Aidan when he was growing his beard. Grabbing the shaving cream and razor, I began to remove the signs of eight weeks growth. When I had finished, I looked like the man I used to be before that night. The night I don't even want to try and think about anymore. It's the one where I broke the heart of the sweetest girl ever.

Searching through my clothes, I found a pair of jeans and a nice black button up shirt. I could always just go for a walk and see where that leads me. Brax is right, I do need to get out of the house, even if it's just for a few minutes. It's not like I'm tired, I've been in bed most of the time. When I was dressed, I grabbed my phone, wallet and keys and finally left the house. Slowly walking down the footpath, I took in a few deep breaths of the warm air. It's amazing what a few minutes outside makes you feel, I should've done this earlier.

As I walked through the streets, not actually caring where I was going, a familiar building came to sight. It wouldn't hurt to go in and have a few drinks, and I am out of the house just as Brax wanted. Walking up to the door, I sighed heavily before pushing it open. The usual smell of stale beer and a variety of everyones deodorant hit my nose. Looking around the pub, I smiled when I saw that there was still a few stools vacant and not near anyone. There were already quite a few people in here, having fun and playing pool or just standing around talking to each other.

"What can I get you?" the blonde bartender asked me as I took a seat. I'm surprised she can even see over the bar, she's that short.

"Double Jack's and coke, please." I gave her a smile and pulled my wallet out and found a fifty, placing it on the bar in front of me. As I waited for her to make my drink, I flicked my eyes around thee room and they landed on a group of guys standing by the pool table. There was five of them, all tall and well built and looked to be encouraging the one that has his back to me, to go for it. I can hear bits of their conversation but the music just seems to be getting louder.