Happy Birthday!

A pair of blazing green eyes stared at the colorful birthday invitation. Juliet's birthday is in a week and Arthur is having trouble trying to find a gift for his friend's.

He's already asked all of her friends (except for that frog, Francis-there's no way he'll be asking him for help), but all of them didn't seem to be of any help. Alfred, Feliciano, Matthew, and Elizaveta.

There is one friend he didn't ask yet.

Arthur looked at his house phone and debated on whether or not he should call her. After a moment, he picked up the phone from its receiver and dialed her number before holding it up to his ear. The phone rung twice before the person on the other end answered.

"Hello?" A voice came from the other end.

"Claire?" Arthur spoke.

"Oh," Claire sighed. "It's you."

The Brit only rolled his eyes before saying "I need your help."

"No."

"It's important."

"If this has something to do with Francis...."

"This has nothing to do with Francis," Arthur said before she could finish, "it's about Juliet's birthday."

"You're still trying to find a present for her, aren't you?" Arthur could tell she's smirking now.

"Yes, I am," he said. "What should I get her?"

"A book, maybe? She does like reading. Just don't go too crazy and think simple," Claire replied, and then added "I would've suggested baking her a cake, but I don't want you to kill my best friend."

Arthur rolled his eyes before saying a "thank you," and then hung up the phone before she could say anymore sarcastic jokes.

Something simple, Arthur thought.

x - / - x - / - x

A week later...

x - / - x - / - x

"The sign doesn't look right."

"It looks fine to me."

"Why are we worrying about the sign? Where's the cake?!"

"Ohonhonhon~ I just finished icing the cake."

"Guys, Juliet's here! Everyone hide!" Gilbert whisper-shouted. He shut off the light while everyone moved quickly to hide behind the nearest piece of furniture (it took quite a while since Feliciano tripped over air and nearly crashed into the cake Francis baked).

"Scoot over, Alfred," Matthew whispered.

"I can't!"

"Shhh!" England frowned at the two.

Right at that moment, the front door opened. The moment the light turned back on, everyone jumped up.

"Sur-"

"Burglars!" Juliet screamed. "Oh, wait...."

"Happy birthday!" Feliciano cheered as he skipped over to her, and then gave her a big hug. Everyone lined up to give her a hug after the hyper-active Italian.

"Thank you, guys," Juliet laughed after receiving a bone-crushing hug from Alfred.

And then it was Arthur's turn.

"Happy birthday, Juliet," he said as he held out his gift to her.

"Thank you, Arthur," she said with a smile. She hugged him before taking his gift and then began unwrapping it. "(Your favorite book)! Thank you, Arthur!" She repeated the last part as she gave him another hug.

"You are very welcome, Juliet," Arthur chuckled. They pulled away and the birthday girl looked down at her gift before looking up at the Brit.

"Thank you, Arthur. A million times, thank you," she said with a wide smile.

"Just kiss already!" Gilbert screamed. This caused everyone, who watched them the whole time, to cheer and Juliet and Arthur to blush.

Juliet stood up on her toes and kissed Arthur on the cheek, causing the crowd to cheer louder - loud enough for the neighbors to hear.

"Yay! Now let's eat cake!" Alfred yelled over everyone else, to which they all cheered again and began grabbing plates.

While everyone was distracted, Arthur took the chance to cup Juliet's face in his hands and placed his lips on hers for a quick kiss.

"Was that another gift, Arthur?" Juliet asked. Her face was bright red, as well as Arthur's.

"Y...yes," he stuttered. "Something simple for your birthday...besides the book."

Juliet laughed. "Well, I certainly like it more than the book."

Arthur's face turned a darker shade of red. "Let's go eat some cake," he said, earning a chuckle from the birthday girl.

x - / - x - / - x

I am really sorry if this was cheesy.

I can't help it.

I just hope you enjoyed it, Sally.

Happy belated birthday. o u o